5

One Year Later

Nidari's POV

Me and Dave have been together for about a year and some change now

Me and Dave have been together for about a year and some change now. Honestly it was the best relationship I ever had. He was so kind and caring. I was crazy about him. We were together most of the time. I was currently laid up under him watching Christmas movies. I had the best Christmas present for him. He just didn't know it.

"Bae what do you want for Christmas?" Dave asked kissing my hand.

"Mmm, nothing." I said playing in his hair with my spare hand.

"What do you mean nothing?" He sat up looking at me.

"Baby I don't want anything I don't want you spending lots of money on me." I explained.

"I'm still gonna get you something." He huffed.

"Ok big baby." I laughed.

I went to the kitchen and pulled out things to make dinner. Once I started Dave came and hugged me from behind.

"What you cooking?" He asked kissing my neck.

"Some Cajun pasta, now move." I said moving my head.

"Why you being mean..." He pouted.

"David you are too old to be acting this way." I chuckled mixing the pasta.

"Ooo is it done?" He asked looking over my shoulder.

"Yes now move so I can make the plates, get out of my chicken!" I said as he grabbed a piece out of the pot.

I made our plates and laid them on the table.

"What kind of wine tonight?" He asked grabbing two glasses.

"Um, no wine today thanks babe." I said smiling.

"We always drink wine with our dinner." He said grabbing two glasses of water instead.

"Just not feeling it babe." I said eating my food.

"Slow down mama." He laughed.

"I'm just really really hungry." I giggled.

"I can see that." He laughed eating.

We finished up eating and laid on the couch. I cuddled up with my computer  responding to work emails. Dave came in and sat next to me on his iPad doing the same things. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve so we were having a big party.

The Next Morning

Dave's POV

I put all the gifts I got Nidari in the front closet she never looks in. I know she got me something which is why I don't understand why she wants nothing.

I walked in to see her in the kitchen with her bonnet on finishing cakes for the party tonight. She was so beautiful, I can't wait to surprise her with her present.