o

Mysterious.

That night was, suspicious. Around the street corner of Chungsan-Gil, the sky had started to dim shades deeper, transitioning from an Aegean blue, it had melted, bled, into sheets of charcoal black, as the stars had taken over the vast expanse of the sky, twinkling beautifully, like diamonds sown into black silk, gleaming and glowing as heavenly, as cosmic bodies of light.

The street lamps dotting the landscape, had never managed to keep a consistent flow of streaming light, flickering constantly, attracting quite a swarm of moths to flutter in their direction.

Amongst the whizzing, roaring and zooming of a quite a wide array of vehicles from motorcycles to classy cars to speed past, like meteors, and the fearful cries of little sparrows and other insect varieties, perched on the branches of a long stretch of giant trees, that towered over the entire spooky landscape, it's extremely difficult to hear your own voice.

It was terrifying, that all your sounds would just magically penetrate through the thick, polluted air that even if you scream, you wouldn't hear it. Even when you're hit and run over by a careless car owner, you'd probably be bleeding to death. No help, no escape.

It was ironic how Jeon Jungkook, just a few minutes earlier, had thought that this peaceful environment would take his worries by the wind and give a new sense of relief to the both of them.

How ironic, indeed.

But now, Jeon Jungkook could only hear his heartbeat. He could only hear his heart drumming against his ribs, every flesh and bone trying to keep him alive. He could only hear his blood pumping against the wall of his arteries, going—

Thump. Thump. Thump.

And he is desperately crawling to his knees, he is barely steady on all fours as his posture is failing him, his breath is unsteady, his gut has dropped in and out and he, he can't breathe.

His consciousness is slowly slipping away and the life liquid is dripping onto the dimly lit road, running over the ridges and thinning away, the loss, killing him slowly.

He musters the most of energy and strength to crawl over to his best friend, Jihoon, who is lying a few feet away strewn, as he had sailed through the air when the accident had occurred. He is laying there feebly, his chest heaving up and down as he coughs, spits out blood for the very last time, throwing his head back as Jungkook watches the knife stabbed in his chest not entirely pulled out before Jihoon's hands fall limply to his sides, not the energy present in him to hold on, to function any longer.

Jungkook watches as Jihoon's unsteady breath steadies and slows, the rhythm of his chest stops, as he lets out a desperate gasp and the light in his eyes has died away, as his eyelids flutter shut and, there is life all round him but him. He watches as Jihoon finally falls to his death.

Emotions have hit Jungkook like a slap to the face, and he is screaming for help, his hands are tearing with new scars as he runs with all his might to him, wailing, crying, heartbroken, "J-JIHOON! JIHOON NO!"

The thought of Jihoon's body not responding, that it never will is tearing Jungkook from the inside out, breaking him.

The mere idea that he won't be able to hear him anymore, he won't be able to touch him, to hug him, just one last time has left him is killing him.

Just one last time.

He is jabbing at his chest where more blood is spilling, and his legs are aching but he could care less. The slits in his hands have opened to the polluted air, infecting his skin, but he can't care.

He can't care, because his only happiness, his only light had died out, his world had been shut down and he is left alone all again, in the darkness where his parents had abandoned him. Where there was no hope, no happiness, no smiles and no laughter.

Where everything was closing into him, trapping him in a box he knows he cant escape, eradicating all warmth, all life, all joy just in a matter of a split second.

Jungkook knows that the people are just whizzing past in cars, not bothering to attend to his cries. Jungkook knows that how much he may bawl, no one will care.

He is gasping for air, but his lungs have failed him, he is pounding at the rugged surface to hold himself, but a part of him is dying, he is shouting for Jihoon to come back but he won't.

It was unfair.

It was unfair that their justice would never be heard.

Soul crushing, merciless  that humanity had failed itself.

Tear jerking that they were only seventeen years old.

Pathetic, that all of this was a hit and run case.

Jungkook has lost the will to live. Jungkook has given up. When will this night mare end?

Jungkook remembers promising Jihoon, with weak and feeble hands enclosing around his pale hands, "We'll go together, okay? Just, J-just stay here."

And so his body falls to the ground, his hands move for the last time, reach for another knife that the men had left behind after stabbing Jihoon.

With hesitant movements, he tightens his fingers around the handle of the knife, and he pushes it in, aiming at his stomach. With an agonising last intake of breath, Jeon Jungkook has died.

Jungkook's death wasn't suicide, not at all, it was murder. It was selfishness, the arrogance of those who had thought that hitting two teenage boys, at midnight, not bothering to help, stabbing into one of them so the other would be criminalised, yes that's what had killed him.

Goodbye angel, fly to the stars.

You will be missed.

But not forever.

_

(A/N: This chapter is rushed, yes i know. I had and have a splitting headache and have re-written this chapter three times already, so I'm sorry if it didn't match the normal standards!

Thoughts on this chapter?)

_