chapter two

...

kenzie

...

I WOKE UP TO A POUNDING HEADACHE AND THE worst pain in my left arm. i looked down to see a huge bruise on my upper arm in the shape of a hand.

thanks a lot ashton.

i stood up off of ashton and i's king size bed realizing instead of ashton laying down there was a small note. i picked it up and read the small messy writing.

"i'm at work all day you little slut so don't do anything stupid or you know what will happen. maybe be productive, instead of being a lazy bitch and take max for a walk. but go by yourself, i don't think you would want to try to escape again, and get punished."

great.

i decide to make myself some breakfast. so i lazily walk into the kitchen opening up the fridge seeing nothing but beer.

yum.

guess making breakfast is out of the picture.. i then see a small fruit bowl out on the counter. i take a banana and eat it, hoping it will last me until i can go out and buy myself lunch. i walk over to the couch seeing max snuggled up in a small bundle of blankets and pillows.
aw such a sweet boy...
i sit down next to the sleeping dog, being careful to not disturb his slumber. but i fail and see max start to shift and sit up. when he realizes it's me he jumps up onto my lap licking my face all over. i start giggling while i continue to get showered with doggy kisses all over my face. he finally stops licking me and lies down in my lap as i turn on the tv.

"NEWS UPDATE HERE AT POP-BUZZ MAGAZINE! MACKENZIE ZIEGLER, POP SENSATION'S BOYFRIEND ASHTON ARBAB, IS CAUGHT HAVING A STEAMY CONVERSATION WITH AN UNKNOWN GIRL WE HAVE CAUGHT HIM WITH ON MULTIPLE RECENT OCCASIONS! IS ASHTON CHEATING ON MACKENZIE AFTER A STRONG THREE YEARS TOGETHER?!? FIND OUT MORE-"

i turn the tv off. this doesn't surprise me, ashton's been cheating on me for the past couple of months with this sHaRliZe TrUe girl.. but it's not like i can do anything about it. i honestly don't care if he cheats, i just hope he doesn't make her his "slut" slave too.. poor girl. because it's not like he can just throw me out and replace me, he'd think i would try and go to the police because of what he's been doing to me and then he'd kill me and my family, which i honestly would be too scared to do. but ashton would never let me leave either way, i know too much.

i snap out of my train of thought due to movement on my lap. the dog jumps off my lap and starts chasing his own tail and bringing me toys to play fetch with him. max is having his weird spurs of energy right now.. a perfect time to take him to our private apartment complexes doggy park!

"does my whittle maxy boy wanna go to the park? yeah?" i say in my baby voice, to the very excited dog.

his tail starts wagging like crazy and his small figure is jumping up and down out of happiness. i walk over to our coat closet door and grab the leash hanging above his small toy bin. it takes me a second to finally have max calm down enough for me to clip the small book of the leash onto his collar. once i do i tell max to sit and he does, being the good boy he is, so i can slip on some shoes. i just slip on some white vans cause i'm lazy and tie a jacket around my waist incase i get cold.

once i open up the door max shoots out and starts running to the park. i start yelling his name as i'm running to come back to me but he doesn't listen and keeps running towards the doggy park. at least he knows where it is. i see him zoom through the cute doggy entrance to the park and try to catch up with him inside. when i see him playing around with a couple of other small dogs i decide to sit down on an empty bench nearby and breath.

these are moments i'm thankful for now. moments where i'm not being hit, or raped, or verbally criticized. i rest my head in my hands and zone out in thought, seems like i do that a lot recently.

i just don't know why he still does it. i want to know why. why does he do these horrible things to me? what did i ever do to him? i thought i was a good girlfriend.. apparently not. i'm so stupid. if i never agreed to film a stupid cover with him, everyone i care about wouldn't be in danger. and i would still be my happy self.

i take in a deep breath and realize the hot tears rolling down my face and sob noises coming from my mouth. just great.

i just want this to be over. i want everything to be over. i want my freedom back. i want my life back.

i stop thinking, and collect myself, and start looking up to check on max when i realize there is a cute guy now sitting on the other end of the bench with worry and pity in his gorgeous emerald green eyes.

oh no.

"h-hi," i choke out "um how long have you been sitting there? if you don't mind me asking.."

"long enough to know that you are in some serious danger." his strangely soothing, yet husky voice responds.

"wait- d-did i say that stuff out loud?!?" i say becoming very nervous that i might've just told a complete stranger, with very good looks some very personal things.

he nods slowly. "i think you did... but don't worry because i can help you!"

i stand up muttering "oh fuck" under my breath and begin pacing back and forth trying to think of what to say to cover up my accidental rant. the stranger also stands up trying to calm me down saying, "it's okay, it's okay," i take in a deep breath. "who's hurting you?" he gently rests his hands down on my shoulders, which sends a strange tingling feeling through my body, so that i face him and make eye contact.

"whatttt," i nervously lie. "n-no ones hurting me, i'm fine, and you heard too much, i need to go." i shrug off his hands and start walking away quickly to pick up max and go home. i finally find the small dog and swoop him up off the ground walking towards the exit of the park. i can hear the mysterious green eyed stranger yelling behind me to stop, and that he wants to help me.

i turn around now annoyed with myself and my stupid actions. i look up at the cute guy and say "i told you i don't need help, and even if i did... you wouldn't be able to save me. please just forget this every happened." and then i turn around and start jogging back to our apartment.

i run up to our door out of breath, and pull out the key in my pocket with max still being held by my other arm. i open the door and enter the apartment, shutting it quickly behind me.

i bend down setting down max while i release him from his leash.  i walk into the living room, and sit down on the couch.

sighing deeply, i say to myself,

"good job kenzie, you fucked up. once again."

...

AUTHORS NOTE
hey guys!! super sorry that i didn't post this yesterday, wattpad was annoying, but i hope you liked this chapter!  i didn't really edit it after trying super hard to rewrite it quickly, so i'm sorry if there's any spelling or grammar mistakes! i might post the third chapter later today if you guys want!!!! thanks for all the support!
xo, E