chapter six

...

johnny

...

I RUN SO FAST, THAT IM ALMOST TRIPPING OVER myself, in the pouring rain out to my car and immediately start driving to the location kenzie had sent me, heart beating a million miles per hour, almost jumping out of my chest.

it was some club downtown, that the asshole she calls her boyfriend, took her to in the middle of our writing session. i should've stopped her from going,

god i'm such a fucking idiot.

she passed out at the end of our call, which terrifies me because she's probably outside. just the thought of kenzie freezing in the pouring rain, makes me want to punch through a wall.

my grip on the steering wheel tightens, knuckles turning white. i could care less about the speed limit, kenzie is way more important right now. i don't even know why i care so much for her, not that she's not great.. she's amazing, and beautiful, and so selfless- well, uh, yeah, she's great...it's just i've only known her for like barely two weeks now. and yet i would probably do anything for her. we just have this connection, it's crazy.

i'll admit though, the conversation we had today, hurt. why won't she just accept the fact that i'm trying to fucking help her.. i'm not going to just leave this situation alone. like she doesn't deserve this shit, but why can't she see that? i have no clue. but i just need to focus on getting to kenzie.

i pull up to the club, illegally stopping on the curb right by the entrance. i jump out of the car, not even fully stopped and run to the side of the building, into the now dark alleyway.

it feels as though my throat dropped to my stomach. my body goes cold as i see mackenzie, lying in a puddle from the rain but it has now turned a deep blood red from the damage that monster had caused.

i rush over to her picking her up and resting her on my lap, shaking her carefully.

"mackenzie," i cry.

"mackenzie, mackenzie!" i repeat myself louder, worry laced through my voice.

i dial 911 into the phone when i feel no pulse.

"911, what's your emergency?" the operator answers the call.

"h-hi, um my good good friend was injured by somebody and has been bleeding and passed out in the rain for a while, she currently has no pulse! please hurry! we're at the club, at 236 main street, please!!!" i choke through he speaker, voice cracking.

"okay sir, try to calm down we have an ambulance on the way," the almost robotic sounding lady replies.

"i can't stay calm, okay lady! she could die!" i yell.

"sir, we have help on the way, we have been told that you need to bring her into a warm building or car of some sorts, and immediately begin giving your friend cpr!"  she says quickly.

"okay, okay, got it." i place the phone into my pocket. i gently lift mackenzie up, bridal style, and rush into my car. i open the side door laying down the middle row of seats, laying her down on the now flat surface.

i begin for, doing 30 chest compressions and then mouth to mouth. after a couple seconds, mackenzie begins to cough.

"oh my god, kenzie!" i sit in my car, sliding her into my lap again. she continues coughing until a little bit of blood comes out.

"holy fuck, what happened-" her body goes limp
in my arms.

"kenzie! kenzie! stay with me," i lift her head up gently. "stay with me, come on." i can't stand seeing her like this.

"i -it.." she inhales. "hu- hurts." she chokes out.

"don't worry, help is on the way, you just have to try your best to stay with me okay?" i ask.

she tries her best to nod. i now take time to notice all the bruises and gashes on her body.

i'm going to fucking kill this douche..

i then begin hearing the siren of an ambulance, and a slight feeling of relief comes over me.

"okay, we need to get you out of this car, so they can put you into the ambulance easily, is that alright?" i ask kenzie.

"yes." she whispers.

i open the side door carefully stepping out while holding kenzie. she lazily wraps her arms around my neck, as i stand on the sidewalk. then, the ambulance pulls up.

they all rush out and pull the stretcher out the back doors, wheeling it over to us. i lie her down carefully but quickly and they strap her up, immediately pushing the stretcher back in the vehicle and hooking her up to many machines and placing a oxygen mask upon her face. my eyes begin watering, seeing her in such a horrible state.

they tell my to jump in to go with them, and i do not hesitate. i squish into the small seat by where kenzie's hand rests and grab it. i slowly rub her hand with my thumb as a silence reassurance that everything was going to be okay.

because everything will be okay, as long as i'm here for her, i will not let that asshole even near her, ever again. he will be locked up for life real soon.

real soon.

...

AUTHORS NOTE
hey y'all, sorry for not posting anything, nobody's even active so i didnt really think i should, but here ya go, please enjoy lol...
xo, E