chapter seven

...

kenzie

...

I WAKE UP TO THE SOUND OF A SLOW REPETITIVE beeping. i open my eyes letting them focus on my surroundings, a plain white room, with two tall machines on my right hooked up to both my arms and a mask covering my nose and mouth. i look to my left and see a very uncomfortable, yet sound asleep johnny in a chair.

questions instantly fill my mind.

why the fuck am i here? how the fuck did i get here? when and why did johnny show up? isn't he mad at me for being a dick yesterday?

i tried to open my mouth, to say something, but before i could, one of the machines i'm hooked up to made this dinging sound that i'm responsive and a nurse and two doctors came racing in, waking up johnny.

"kenzie! you're awake!" he says in shock.

i open my mouth about to say 'yeah.. what happened?' but before i get the chance one of the doctors says,

"okay sir i'm sorry but since miss ziegler here is finally awake, we have to go take her away for the rest of her testing and then when we're done the police will come and be doing some questioning with the both of you, we will be back later."

johnny looks at me with a look saying 'you okay?'
i give him a closed lip smile to my best ability, still experiencing some pain in my abdomen, nodding out of assurance.

"okay, thank you doctor," he pauses, then looking at me, "i'll be right here when you get back kenzie."

"thanks johnny." i respond, still confused on what happened at the end of last night that got me here, as they begin wheeling my bed out of my small room.

a few hours of different tests go by and then i'm finally taken back to my room, this time on a wheelchair.

i spot johnny introducing himself to two officers outside of my door as i'm wheeled in and he pauses to looks at me and say "oh and there's miss ziegler right now."

i wave slightly and then try my best, with the nurses help, to get back onto my bed, groaning in pain.

"FUCK- i mean uh- ouch.." i correct myself as johnny chuckles at my language, walking in with the officers. they both sit down and pull their chairs closer to my bed, john sitting down on the bottom of it, slowly observing the several bandages i have on, looking concerned.

"hi mackenzie, i'm officer summerall and this is my partner officer birlem. we're just going to ask you some questions for a little if that's okay with you." the kind officer to the left speaks up.

wait.. summerall? i know that name.

"did you say summerall? sorry if i just sound kinda crazy, but you have the same name as a good friend of mine.. and yes that's completely fine, i actually have a few questions myself about this.." i reply.

"oh right you are in the music industry.. i forgot. my youngest son is apart of the industry himself, but mainly with making and acting in movies, his name is hayden." he smiles softly seeing my face of realization.