chapter four

sorry i gotta small lil question first:
did y'all like when i put a song at the beginning of the chapter? should i start to put songs to listen to while reading at the beginning of every chapter? (comment here if you did!!! thanks!)

...

kenzie

...

"HOLY FUCK.." I MUTTERED UNDER MY BREATH as the dirty blonde boy stood there in the same shock as me. he finally decided to brake the awkward silence.

"hey... um, again." i try to get words to come out of my mouth but nothing happens. so i just nod agreeing with his statement. i look over at emily who's mouth is wide open with joy and confusion in her eyes.

"you guys have already met? when?!" she smiles.

i look over at johnny to try and warn him not to say what he wants to say but he has already began talking about what happened.

"i was just at the dog park in my new apartment complex when i sit down on this bench with this pretty girl talking to herself, saying horrible thin-"

i cup my hand over his mouth, then finishing his sentence.

"a-about how i hate the muggy weather in los angeles recently, and then i noticed he was there, got embarrassed, and then we had small talk, i left and then boom here we are.." i awkwardly force out a laugh.  sending a quick piercing glare at him. i slowly take my hand off of his mouth.

"oh!! how wonderful, well i won't stay here to stop you two from beginning your writing session, so have fun!!!" emily reply's, then slamming the door behind her.

"what. was. that?!" the boy looks at me confused.

"i'm sorry for interrupting you, okay? but you can't tell anyone what you heard that day at the dog park," i let out a sigh continuing, "i had no clue you had sat down beside me and what you heard me talking about is very very private information.."

he looks at me with that same worried look and replies,

"so you are...being hurt?" i nod slowly. "who is hurting you? how long has this been going on? does anyone no about this? what has-" he goes on, bombarding me with questions before i cut him off.

"woah woah woah... slow down there buddy, i don't even know your name!?"

"oh. right..," he takes a deep breath. "i'm johnny.. johnny orlando" he then holds out his hand for me to shake. i take it and feel that strange tingly feeling again.

"i'm mackenzie ziegler, but my friends call me kenzie." i then let go of his hand before sitting down at the large couch on the side of the room. he follows my actions and sits down beside me.

"okay johnny, listen.. i get you want to help me, and it's super sweet but you can't help me." he still looks confused.

"why can't i? i don't even know you but i know for a fact you don't deserve any harm you've received." he says looking right into my eyes.

well. maybe i do...

"you don't get it," i readjust my position to face him. "i've never told anyone about this issue. and for a very good reason johnny, so the fact that you kind of found out and what could happen to you is terrifying."