chapter three

...

kenzie

...

ITS BEEN ABOUT A WEEK AND A HALF SINCE I VENTED TO THE CUTE STRANGER FROM THE DOG PARK and i'm still beating myself up for it. i mean i'm not worried about him telling people because i don't think he would if he lived here...the small apartment complex ashton and i live in. it's very secure and private. most of the people who live here are well known and in the same industry.. if that makes sense. so i think, and hope, he might've recognized me and understood to keep that info from the public.
but,
i am worried about ashton finding out i told him. ashton would firstly hurt him very badly, maybe even kill him, and he definitely doesn't deserve that. then he would kill me, and hurt my friends and family. let's just pray mystery boy is smart and has let go of this situation.

i limp over to my closet, due to the beating i received yesterday, to get ready for the meeting i have with my manager, emily today. apparently there's an new rising singer, who's signing with my record label. my manager and their manager have been talking and want us to collab on a original. i just hope they are nice.. i also hope it's a girl, i forgot to ask... oh well.

i pick out a casual outfit, ripped mom jeans and a slightly cropped white hoodie and sit down at my vanity. beginning to apply a decent amount of makeup to cover bruises and scars, but still trying to be as natural as i am available to. which is quite difficult.

i finish my makeup and slide on some vans, grab my keys, and begin walking out to my car.

as soon as i get into the car i feel my phone buzz in my pocket. i check my notifications on the lock screen to see a text from ashton asking where i was, meaning he probably just woke up. i respond saying i had a meeting with my manager and he left me on seen,
i don't care at this point. 

i back out of my parking spot and begin driving to the studio. when i come to a stop, i turn on the radio to kill the silence. a not so new song that i love dearly begins playing. i hum the melody at the beginning and continue driving.

i cant breathe by bea miller.
(play at the top of chapter)

somebody get me a hammer
wanna break all the clocks and the mirrors
and go back to a time that was different
a time when i
didn't feel like there was something was missing
now my body and mind are so distant
don't know how to escape from this prison
how can i
free my mind
'cause i can't breathe
i can't breathe
i can't breathe

i sing along to the song and before i know it i am already at the studio. i only live around 8-10 minutes away so i never have a long car ride over here.

as i exit my car, grabbing my small handbag, containing my wallet and phone, i feel butterflies beginning to roam my rib cage and stomach. i've never been nervous to meet a new artist but something about today feels different. very different.

i check in with my key card and walk up to the meeting room of the building. when i reach the third floor, i see emily, my manager, exit the room at the end of the hall and begin greeting me.

"ahh! kenzie so good to see you, your collaborative partner is already here. he's happy to work with you!"

i tense up while hearing the word 'he' exit emily's mouth.

yay a boy-

"o-oh nice to see you too!" i choke out. suddenly feeling the urge to throw up thinking about the last time i met with a male artist. it was when me and ashton met.

i shrug off the feeling and enter the room with my manager only to be met with a pair of very familiar emerald green eyes.

this can not be fucking happening.

...

AUTHORS NOTE
hey y'all!! super sorry about not posting earlier! the next chapter is much longer, so it'll make up for this being so short!!! thanks for reading this book! <33
xo, E