𝟕𝟎.

Luna Pov

.............................................................

The shower was unpleasant. The warm water had slowly dissipated leaving me in cold.

Part of me didn't want to move out of the icy water's path. Part of me wanted to stay there. To feel the stingingly cold water pelting against my skin.

I felt like I deserved it, to feel the cold. I felt like deserved to feel the pain that came with it afterward.

Because it was my fault that they (Rebekah, Chris, and Leo) were taken.

I appreciated that the others were trying to make me feel better, and I loved them for that. But it still didn't change how I felt.

I shut the water off. Making a split decision before I could change my mind again.

Breathing just like he had told me to.

Most of the time my breathing was in my control, other times it wasn't.

He told me that everything was going to be alright. I had to think of something positive, something strong enough to overrule the negatives.

But all I could think about is Abbraxas.

How afraid I was of him. And how I seemed to somehow know him even though I couldn't remember or recall any memories.

Around him was an unparalleled fetid, almost metallic atmosphere.

My senses had never lied to me before.

They told me he was evil.

My instincts told me not to fight but to flee.

Klaus did his best to make me feel safe.

Oh, he was such a saint, an angel really sent just for me.

It gave me immense comfort that he would rip anyone to shreds who would try to hurt me.

At times like these I felt useless. I was supposed to be this all-powerful witch/werewolf hybrid. Fifth generation according to Leo, the number could be bigger. Premonitions, telekinesis, and I could temporarily freeze time.

But I didn't feel like the all-powerful hybrid I was supposed to be.

I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the man who had killed my parents was still alive. Still breathing. I shivered not because of the cold but at the very real possibility that he was going to find me, again.

That he was going to take someone else from me.

But who would it be next Hayley, or maybe even Klaus?

I couldn't let that happen, I wouldn't let that happen. I would give myself up before that. No one else was going to get taken because of me, not again.

Maybe that's what I should do.

Give myself up.

I knew I was valuable. My offer just might tempt them enough.

Maybe in return if I gave myself up who had the three (Rebekah, Chris, and Leo) would trade them for me. It would be hard to do, maybe even impossible. But if I did that I would have to do it without anyone knowing. Because let's be honest, no one in this house was going to let me sacrifice myself. I was glad that they wouldn't just let me sacrifice myself. It showed how much they really loved and cared about me.