eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

SOLTERA

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

The music in the club was blasting to the point where Noelia could feel it vibrating through her body--or maybe it was the fact that she was drunk. Either way, she was enjoying herself in spite of all the bullshit from the past few weeks. She had been a sad bitch for a minute. How couldn't she have been after finding out her boyfriend of four years was a lying, cheating, comer mierda? At that point, her life had become a cycle of eating take out, watching sad movies, crying like a little bitch, and annoying Yamelis--even though she had promised that it was okay and better than having her crying. That was until Soledad and Pamela showed up to help Yamelis drag her off her ass and out of the house. She had made them promise not to be extra with it, but now she was kind of happy that they hadn't listened.

"Me voy pa' la calle esta noche a rumbear. Me bebo dos trago' y te voy a olvidar!" She sang along to Nicky Jam's part in Te Bote with the girls finishing off her drink. Somewhere after drink five, she had completely lost count of how many she had had not that it was really bothering her or the girls. She hadn't been worrying about that musty ass white boy or his thot, all she cared about was having a good time.

Realizing her drink was empty she nudged Pamela, "Ima go get another one, ya want anything?" She asked getting drinks shouted at her, "Alright, damn." She chuckled trying to make her way through the crowd of people dancing.

Getting to the bar she waved down the bartender who happened to be one of Soledad's sisters' ex-boyfriends, "Aye, Oscar, lemme get two Rum and Cokes, Henny on the rocks, and you can surprise me with my drink. Make that bitch strong though." She smiled at him as he nodded going to make her drinks.

Standing there by herself singing along to the song as she waited she had figured she would get approached at least once by some random ugly that she would have to turn down by saying she was gay or something. She had done it at least twice since the night had started. So when she heard "Excuse me, can I buy you a drink." Come from her left the words left her lips like a reflex.

"Sorry, I'm ga-" She turned to look at what next level ugly had tried hitting on her, but was surprised to see a guy who was, how Yamelis would put it, FINE AS FUCK. "Shit, you could do waay more than that," Had she been sober those would not have been the first words to leave her mouth, but Sober Noelia had left the building several drinks ago. This version of Noelia didn't care about thinking twice before speaking or anything else for that matter.

Homeboy in front of her chuckled, "Damn, so it's like that? I really thought you were about to dub me."

Shrugging she pursed her lips, "See I was, but then I saw you. Plus, I wouldn't be able to handle watchin' ya sad ass walk back to ya boys if I had dubbed you. You woulda been gettin' clowned on for the rest of the night."

"You not wrong," He gestured over her shoulder which caused her to follow his gaze. At the other end of the bar were a group of guys chilling trying to make it look like they weren't watching the interaction between him and her take place. "My boys are actually the reason I came over here and they'd definitely clown my ass if I had walked back without at least your number."

As she saw Oscar walking over with the four drinks she turned her attention back to Homeboy, "How about this you and your boys can join me and my girls, and you can buy my drinks for the rest of the night." She smiled at him grabbing the four drinks that had been placed on the counter before working her way through the crowd to the girls.