twenty nine

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE:

LOVE NEVER DIES.
IT CHANGES.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

being in love was complicated to say the least. you give someone the most fragile part of you and trust them enough not to break it. having love for two separate people was even more complicated because if you really loved the first person would you have fallen for the second. that was noelia's current issue. her feelings for nick were getting all murky because of what ever feelings for tyler she had been holding on to. which was why she needed to handle it.

noeliacan we meet up ? we need to talk

noelia
can we meet up ?
we need to talk

tyler
sure

tyler
everything okay?

noelia
yeah it's all good

noelia
there is  just something
i think we should talk
about

noelia
meet me at that boba
place in fairfax at 2

this had been a long time coming. noelia hadn't realized that at the time but that was more so because she was too busy trying to figure out how to have this conversation without anyone walking away with their feelings hurt.

sitting across from her sipping on his boba tyler eyed her curiously. "are you sure everything is good? we've been sitting her for like five minutes and you haven't said anything..." you could almost hear the nerves in his voice. as much as she knew why they had been there he was able to gather a pretty good idea.

"sorry." she apologized sitting up straighter forcing her thoughts to settle as much as she could. this wasn't difficult because she was unsure of how she felt because she had spent too long being unsure of her feelings and she finally knew how she felt. it was hard because her and tyler had spent a good amount of time together, he was her best friend. "you ever forget how to say something even though you've thought about it for the longest time and basically had it committed to memory at one point or another?"

stifling a chuckled tyler leaned forward onto the table, "yeah, but you always told me that if you were talking to the right person, you'd find the right words regardless."

now it was her turn to chuckle. it was moments like this when she realized why at one point they worked so well together.

"you know i love you, right?"

"ouch," he winced feigning pain, "this sounds like it's gonna be rough."

the playful tone in his voice was enough to usher noelia to keep speaking. "shut up. let me finish," she laughed trying to get her train of thought back to what she was initially going on about. "you know i love you and that despite anything you'll always be in my heart?"

he nodded giving her the go to continue.

"ty-damn i really didn't think this would be so hard to do..." tongue pressed to the inside of her cheek she played with one of her curls wrapping it around her pointer finger. 

she couldn't keep stalling if she wanted this to go anywhere, so it was now or never. "listen, when we broke up i was a mess, you know this. but us being apart made me realize that when you love someone-like really love them-that love will never ever die... it'll just change." reaching across the table she grabbed his hand holding it in hers taking note of how clammy they both were. they were both nervous about this even if he was better at hiding it.

"we can't keep running back to each other because we're each other's comfort zone because we'll never get to experience any other kind of love. we spent three years being each other's everything and even though that is no longer the case i don't want you to think i don't love you, but that time-our time-has come and gone. you'll still forever be one of my best friends, but i think it's time we move on from one another."

she searched his face for any indicator of how he was feeling but that yielded no answered. his eyes, though, they allowed for her to gauge his emotion giving way to the mixture of hurt and relief that blended with the blue.

"i figured it was coming sooner or later," he nodded taking his bottom lip between his teeth-a terrible habit he had. "things felt off since we said we were gonna try and fix things. don't get me wrong, i get it..."

he gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, "i get it 100%. what he had isn't something that can be replaced but it's also not something we can keep coming back to over and over again without it getting ruined at some point. and that is the last thing i want for either of us. i rather us walk away than end up hating each other."

"i'll always love you, i'm sure you know that, but maybe we should walk away."

she had been so nervous that he would hate her for this. that he would want nothing to do with her after this conversation, but his response gave her hope that they could still be friends. he would always have a place in her heart-first love and all that stuff-but it was time she made space for someone new.

a/n:
ONE MORE CHAPTER!!!!