twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY:

CLOUD 9

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

the picnic had been great not only because of the performances but because nick was great company. he knew exactly what to say to make her smile-even though when she was with him it didn't seem like that took much. for the past couple of months, he had been trying to beat back the feeling he felt creeping up inside him whenever she was in breathing distance or even just on his mind. lately, that had started becoming more of a task than cleaning his sneakers. he wanted to come out and tell her that he was kinda sorta feeling her but that always ran the risk of completely losing her. so, he settled for the situationship they had going on because it was honestly better than nothing.

"i told you that you should've ordered the second scoop of cookies and cream instead of two scoops of birthday cake." they were sitting outside some ice cream parlor she had found on Google not too far from the park. for a good ten minutes, she contemplated what flavor she wanted getting stuck between cookies and cream or birthday cake. 

she settled on birthday cake.

when they got their sweet treats, he could tell she was at least a little dissatisfied with her choice as she eyed him eating his own cookies and cream ice cream. holding out a spoonful of her ice cream to him she gave him those puppy dog eyes that always worked on tyler praying that they would have the same effect on him. "i think it's a fair offer," she shrugged, "some of my ice cream for some of yours. even trade."

somewhere between arriving at the park and the third performer noelia had come to the conclusion that this was in fact a date. when she told him she was slow she wasn't lying. from the beginning she had been a little standoffish about going out with nick but now she was happy that she had.

shoveling a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth he quirked up a perfect brow, "and what if i don't like birthday cake?"

"you like birthday cake."

"no i don't."

"trust me, you do."

"n-" before he even had a chance to finish his sentence she had stolen his spoon and ate the ice cream right off it.

sitting across from him with a satisfied smirk on her face noelia couldn't help but laugh at the complete and utter surprise that washed over nick's face. this could have been avoided if he had just taken her up on her offer.

"i offered you a fair trade and you didn't take it, so i robbed you," she stated simply now taking some of his ice cream with her own spoon.

like a child he pouted at her crossing his arms over his chest, "that's because no normal person eats birthday cake ice cream. it tastes like diabetes."

"aw, is baby upset?" the teasing tone in her voice and the way she poked at him made it real hard for him not crack a smile but he tried his hardest. "oh, so now you're not talking to me?" dropping her spoon into her cup she got up and went over to his side of the bunch laying her chin on his shoulder.

she watched him try to pretend like he wasn't sneaking glances at her or trying to hide the little smirk that wanted to break through his stone cold facade. poking his cheek she attempted to get him to look her way but he was more stubborn than a bull.

"psst," she hissed at him poking him once more, "i have to tell you a secret."

still, he didn't budge.

now it was her turn to pout. grabbing his chin with her dainty fingers she turned his face so that they were looking at one another. with her eyebrows furrowed a small frown set on her face one to which he mimicked.

"aw, baby doesn't like when she gets ignored?" his tone mimicked the one she had used on him just moments ago as he poked at her in return.

"yes nigga," she rolled her eyes at him in a playful manner, "and since you wanna be like that this is mine." snatching his cup she grinned at him. as he went to grab for it she held it out of his reach until he was close enough for her to do what she had been trying to do before he started being annoying.

with his arm wrapped around her waist he reach for the cup, "you betta gimme-" the remainder of his sentence didn't have a chance to be spoken as she pressed her lips to his.

pulling away slightly she looked at him, "yeah, i better what?" she teased smiling.

playfully rolling his eyes at her he pulled her back into him giving her lips another kiss.

despite how much the pair had tried their very hardest to avoid getting to the exact point that they were at now that they were in the moment neither of them were complaining. they weren't thinking about how their were supposed to be "no strings attached" or how their friends were 100% right in their assumptions.  they were on cloud nine floating higher than they ever had before.

bri's bullshit:
i'm soft 🥺
also thank ya for 10k on this! i didn't think this bullshit would get this far. i love ya with my whole heart 😭💞