thirty

CHAPTER THIRTY:

MY FAVORITE PART

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

eli 🐉
wyd?

nick 🦈
playin fortnite with
z

eli 🐉
so you're home?

nick 🦈
yeah

eli 🐉
bet

nick was thoroughly confused with noelia's short string of text messages. regardless, he chose not to pay it much mind figuring that she just wanted to make sure he was feeling more like himself after last night. the awkward tension that he had expected to be lingering between them never appeared which he was thankful for.

that was this morning, though, and a lot could have happened between when she dropped him off back at the house and now

"trouble in paradise?" zion peered over at his friend for a second before turning his focus back to the game taking place on the screen.

toying with the controller nick shrugged. "truly? i have no idea. i guess we're on good terms but anything beyond that i have no fuckin clue."

somewhere deep down there was a part of him that knew it was probably time to throw in the towel. she was still very much hung up on an ex and there was no way he was going to be able to compete with that. on the other hand, there was the rest of him that was completely convinced that he could wait it out. eventually tyler would no longer be around and then he'd be able to swoop in. it sounded desperately stupid but this was also noelia that they were talking about.

"maybe that's why her and sol are best friends. neither of them know what the hell they want." the dreadhead joked

"you hear that," nick shushed zion so he could hear, "is someone playin 4U? is b in his bag?" a quizzical look spread across his friend's face as he listened to the low thud of the song as it played in the distance. it sounded too loud to have been coming from any speakers they had in the house.

as if on cue edwin came busting through the door with a smile on his face. "bro, you gotta see this," he tugged at nick until he stood up and followed him to zion's window. pulling the curtains aside nick was able to see exactly where the music was coming from.

chuckling he rolled his eyes, "she's crazy." he mumbled watching as noelia stood there with the song blasting smiling at him once she noticed he had been looking at her.

of course he wasn't going to let her stand out there by herself that would just be plain rude. making his way down the drive way he couldn't fight the smile that came to his face as she stood there with a sheepish look on her face and a flower in her hand.

"i thought the guys are supposed to be the ones that bring the flowers?" he questioned as he finally reached her.

shrugging she looked from the flower to him, "you know 'fuck social norms' and all that good stuff. plus, i've been a real asshole these past few weeks and you deserve way more than just an apology."

"you don't-"

"i do," she cut him off. "this morning you said that you didn't want to lose me and it shouldn't have taken me so damn long to realize that i don't want to lose you either. from the moment we met i knew that this wouldn't be just a 'friends with benefits' thing but i was too scared to admit that. i should have never made you feel like i didn't care because i did-i do, a whole damn lot."

a deep sigh slipped through her lips, "what i'm trying to say, nick, is that i love you. no, i'm not saying it because i feel obligated i'm saying it because you make me happy and with in the six or so months that we have been messing around i've come to realize that if you weren't here i wouldn't know what to do with myself."

by this point how flustered she was and the fact that she had just used the l-word had nick grinning from ear to ear like a child. "you said it," his tone was low and she hadn't caught what he said.

"huh?"

"you just said that you loved me."

"i shoulda known you'd stop listening after that," she teased.

rolling his eyes he grabbed her, "man, come here," he hoisted her up in his arms pulling her into a kiss.

from some window in the house you could hear the boys all screaming. austin had even let out a loud "finally" only to earn the finger from both love birds.

it had taken sometime-well, a lot of time-but nick had finally gotten exactly what he wanted.

noelia.

a/n:
all we got now is the epilogue. i can't believe it's over 🥺