Chapter 23 ~ speeches, kissing and rings

it's been three weeks since that incident. ethan called the cops and they took the guy in for questioning, as for me, i was interrogated as well. those three weeks were filled with calling lawyers and going to court. finally we did and he was sentenced to three years for attempted rape. i wish it was longer, had he actually done something though it would be.

"you alright y/n?" elijah asks pulling me into a side hug as we watch tv.

"i'm just thinking." i mutter. i didn't know what else to say to him. he's been treating me like a toddler, scared i'll get hurt or even lost if he takes his eyes off of me for a second. it's grown annoying, yes, but i can't do anything about it. he's scared, and i am too.

"well, tonight i'm taking you out to a very special dinner. ok? i'm not taking no for an answer either." elijah abruptly stands up from the couch, leaving me alone and to give him no answer.

"well i guess i'm going out with elijah tonight." i get up from the couch and shuffle over to ava's room and knock.

"come in!" i open the door and smile,

"hey, i have a big date with elijah, apparently, could you help me get ready?" her face goes from happy to elated as she threw the book she was reading across the room and jumped over to me.

"we have a lot of work to do missy." she dragged me to my bedroom, sitting me down and tearing apart my side of the closet. i smile as i recall my first date with elijah, ava tearing apart my room to get me ready. "ok you need to dress fancy. don't ask why, you just do. here," she throws a tight red, spaghetti strapped dress at me. i examine the piece of fabric and see it goes down to just above my knees and has a slit that goes just below my hip. the fabric was velvety and flowed nicely. i raise an eyebrow at ava and shrug. "we'll do your hair in a few minutes just get that on."

"ava, it probably won't fit. i'm showing a bit more." i point at my rounded stomach as it slightly poked out.

"it's not noticeable. just put the damn thing on. hurry!" i huff and close the bathroom door,  taking a deep breath as i walk in. i take my clothing off and put on the velvet dress, surprised that it fit well and wasn't too tight.

"okay, hair time." ava sits me down on my bed and gets to work on straightening/curling my hair. after that she grabs my make up and throws on some neutral eyeshadow. after she does my eyebrows and lips and everything else she needs to do. i look at the bold red lips i had and smile nervously.

"isn't this a bit too much?" i ask. ava furiously shakes her head.

"no! god no! it's perfect. now get these on and get your ass downstairs elijah's waiting for his gorgeous baby mama." ava winks and shoved a pair of black heels at me. i throw them on and walk down the stairs and see elijah standing there, dressed in a fine tuxedo. i smile wide and he looks up at me beaming.

"you look stunning..." i blush immensely and he hands me a bundle of f/f (favourite flowers).

"you look fairly handsome as well elijah." i take the flowers and link my arm through his. we leave the house and get to his car,

"here you go, love." elijah opens the door for me and i curtsy in gratitude.

"thank you, darling." i step into the car as elijah steps into his own side. we drove for about twenty minutes before pulling up to the nicest, fanciest, (probably expensive) restaurant i had ever seen. "elijah..." i mutter, a smile making its way to my face.

"come on. we've got a big night ahead of us." i step out of the car with elijah and we head inside. we waited up front as i examines the extravagant place. the lights were dim and gave the whole room a soft glow, the burgundy walls matched perfectly with the dark oak furniture. a low talking was heard amidst the restaurant as family's and couples shared conversation.

"right this way." a waitress said, we followed her through the various rows of people 'till we found our table and were seated. "i'll be with you in a few moments." she sent a glance at elijah and he nodded, thinking i didn't notice. i shrugged it off and picked up a menu and began reading through the variety of food choices.

"so y/n, how've you been lately?" my head raises up from the menu and i raise an eyebrow at him.

"ok? i guess... except for what happened at the party i'm doing great! although, i do find it odd you ask me a question like that. y'know, considering we live with one another." i smile cockily at my closing sentence and he turns a bright red.

"just, just a conversation starter... oh hey look! the waitress is here!" i glance behind me and see our waitress glaring at elijah. "so, i'll have a glass of water, y/n?"

"water too please." she nods and i see her kick elijah swiftly as she walks away. he gives her a look as she slowly struts away. "ok, what's going on?" i ask. my suspicions were high and i wasn't ready to get my heart broken. not while pregnant either.

"n-nothing. nothing at all! she's just a... just a childhood friend." he stutters and i sigh, giving up on the situation and expecting the worst.

***

we ordered our food and ate in comfortable silence. even if i was expecting the worst, i couldn't stand to think he'd actually do something like break up with me, especially while i'm pregnant with his baby. the waitress came back and asked how the food was, as she placed something in elijah's hands. i shrugged it off and said it was amazing. elijah on the other nodded at her and she walked away. i was beginning to grow frustrated. like, extremely frustrated. i was about to say something when elijah cleared his throat and wiped his face with the napkin that was next to his plate,

"y/n we've know each other for roughly more than a year and have been dating roughly a little less. right when i first saw you, hell, right when i first heard you speak, i knew right away you were perfect and you would be the best thing to ever happen to me. when sub told me that i would need to 'take care of you' and that he was sick i knew that i'd need to be there for you no matter what. finally, when you told me you were pregnant, with my child, i was elated!

"i was ready to drop everything i've worked for and stay with you for the rest of my life. i was going to do this on your birthday, but stuff happened. anyways what i'm trying to say is; y/n ann extabyte, will you make me the happiest guy on earth and marry me?"

i froze in utter shock and happiness as he got out of his chair and bent down onto one knee. i could feel tears falling down my cheeks and my hands cover my mouth. the thing the waitress had given elijah was an engagement ring. a beautiful, shiny engagement ring. worry closed over elijah's face as i came out of my state of pure shock.

"this was a bad idea... i'm sorry, i understand if you're not-" i cut him off by jumping on him and hugging him as tight as i could.

"i will marry you elijah." i could feel his smile spread across his face as he swung me around. clapping was heard throughout the restaurant and i could hear a familiar person holler. i turn and see ava, cody, ethan, and amy standing there and clapping.

"oh my god you're getting married!" ava cried and hugged me, amy coming to join.

i smile wide as i wipe away my tears of joy, "ya, i'm getting married."