Chapter 25 ~ preparing

[sorry i haven't updated, school is hectic as all hell also, i will try to update more but i kinda want to make a pennywise book, yknow IT. leave suggestions please:)]

***
fifteen hours before wedding.
***

"good morning gorgeous."

"morning." sighing i looked at elijah and smiled. i hadn't slept at all that night, how could i? i was getting married to the best man i've ever met. -minus sub-

"it's going to be busy today. ava is going to be hassling you a crap ton you know."

"she'll be doing the same to you, just because she's the maid of honour doesn't mean i'm the only one she'll annoy." i chuckle and cuddle up to him while i still can. "we're getting married today. can you believe it?"

elijah runs his fingers through my hair and kisses the top of my head, "you still take my breath away and make me fall in love with you every single day. i love you so much y/n."

"i love you too." i got up and showered quickly bagging my dress while drying my hair. i pulled my hair into a ponytail and dressed quickly as i hopped out of the bathroom trying to get my shoe on.

"we have to be at the garden in less than two hours." elijah says as he pulls his shirt on. i nod and place the dress on my bed and put my shoe on properly.

i then felt a small thump against my tummy. this has happened quite a few times and it still felt odd. "elijah! the baby! it's kicking!" he rushed over and felt our baby kicking. he smiled proudly and kissed my head.

"you ready?" i nod and carefully walk down the stairs with the dress in my arms. i see ava run past arms full of random things to do my hair and makeup with. i giggle and smile at her and shuffle into the kitchen, there i see denis, alex, amy, ethan, and cody -elijah's other friends as well- i smile and wave at them as i sit down and sigh.

"this baby is hungry and so am i, pass the bacon." alex shoves the bacon over and i greedily eat it, not messy though, i'm not an animal.

"someone's hungry." alex says and laughs. i roll my eyes and playfully glare at him.

"what are you all doing? we gotta go!" ava yells at us and we all look at each other shrugging and follow her out the door.

***
five hours before wedding
***

"th-thats a little t-t-too tight!" i gasp as the corset is cinched tighter than it should be and rub my belly once it's loosened.

"sorry y/n, but we have five hours before the wedding. it's better to get you dressed now rather than two hours before. make sense?" ava asks as her and amy make adjustments to my dress.

"samuel, do you have the rest of the dress ready to throw on?" amy asks grabbing pins and clips for my hair.

"i do indeed. here you are dear, be careful, it crimps easily so be gentle i don't want to see such a gorgeous gown be ruined by ignorant behaviour." samuel huffs and helps ava as she scowls at his insults. i chuckle and lift my arms so they can reach around my waist and make sure they get the rest in the right places. as they do so, i zone out and smile to myself as i think about how life is going to be once i'm married. sure i'm nervous as all fuck but i'm so excited.

"knock knock," denis and ethan peek in and smile at the four of us.

"y/n you look stunning." denis compliments and i smile in gratitude.

"thank you denis, long time no see bud." i hug him quickly as i am pulled back on the stool by samuel.

"how you feeling?"

"nervous. excited. fuck, maybe both. i'm a mix of a lot of things right now." i answer honestly, yet i continue to smile and nod.

"just take deep breathes, you'll be fine. nothing will go wrong, we'll make sure of it." ethan smiles cockily and continues, "come denis! we have to protect the bride!"

"protect the bride!" they chant as they walk out and my smile widens. i couldn't be happier today. i was due soon and i getting married, i can't wait.

"y/n darling, could you lift your chin, thank you hun." samuel was busy at work with ava, rushing to get the rest of my dress on while my hair was being yanked and pulled into a loose fishtail braid with small flowers were placed randomly in it.

there was yet another knock on the door and without hesitation i yelled, "it's open!" and the person who walked in shocked me.

"dad? what the fuck?"