Chapter 61

Charlie's P.O.V.

I can't believe it. Josh has risked his life to save Maya's. He's donating blood and Maya's lost quite a lot of her own.

Josh walked into the operation theatre over an hour ago and we've been waiting for news.

1 hour later the nurse walks in and says

"You can see your friend now, he's a very brave boy!"

We walk into the bed room of the hospital and find Josh's bed. We see him lying there. He is a brave boy.

"Josh, Josh wake up" my mum says and slightly taps Josh. He stirs up and looks at us.

"Where's Maya? Is she okay?" He asks in alert.

"Josh they are putting your blood into he as we speak" I say patting his shoulder.

"It's a very heroic thing to do that Josh! Thank you so much!" Mitchell says calmly.

"I did it for Maya. I didn't want to see her on deaths door because of her own relative! Besides I hate seeing beautiful girls go" I say and nod.

"Well I'm greatful Josh" Charlie nods.

The nurse walks into our room.

We all stand...well apart from Josh obviously.

"The blood transfer...was a success! You can see Maya in the next visiting time which is tonight at 7-8:30 when she has recovered!" She smiles and exits.

"Thank you so so much josh! You've saved my baby! Is there anything I can do repay you?" I ask Josh and he looks towards us.

"Nah mate, I only wanted Maya to stay alive and to keep her loved ones happy by doing so." he smiles and tap my back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrive back at the hospital after dinner at the local restaurant and we went to buy gifts for Maya and Josh.

It's now 7:30.

"You can see her now" the nurse smiles indicating us to go in. I wheel josh in and my mum and Mitchell follow. We sit around her bed and we sit in silence.

"Charlie?" a quiet voice suddenly speaks. We all face towards Maya and she's awake.

"Baby your okay!" I smile with tears and I hold Maya's hand.

"I am" she smiles, "who donates the..blood?" She asks. We all face Josh and he smiles.

"Thank you so so much Josh" she smiles and pecks his cheek.

"It's no worries. I did it to save you" he smiles and hugs her.

I'm so glad my baby's okay. I have missed her.

"We have gifts for you baby and you josh!" I smile and we pass the gifts to them.

Maya has a cute teddy with a heart in his hands, a bunch of flowers, a onesie and a spongey pillow.

Josh has some aftershave and a new pair of Dr Dres.

I know we spent more on Josh...well that's what they thought.

"Hi dad hi Karen" Maya smiles after placing the bag next to her bed and Josh put her flowers in a case for her.

"Hello Maya, were glad your okay!" Mitchell smiles and him and my mum hug her.

It's silent for a bit until I speak up.

"I would like to ask Maya a question" I say and stand up and grab Maya's hand. I get down on one knee.

"Maya...will you do me the favour on becoming Mrs Lenehan?"