TWELVE

Seo Hyun blinks her eyes twice as those huge rides appear in her sight. Her mouth opens slightly in disbelief. How did I end up here?—her mind asks. Her view goes down to the two arms linked into hers. Yumi is on her right while Ji Ah is on the left.

            “Look Hyunie! Those rides are like welcoming us!” Ji Ah says in a very bright tone.

            “It’s not everyday that we’d be able to play around for free so why waste it, right?” Yumi says.

            “Thanks again, Yonghwa sshi!” she says to Yonghwa who’s behind them.

Yonghwa nods in response.

Seo Hyun refused to go to the amusement park but then her friends found out about the tickets bought by Yonghwa, they insisted to go.  Ji Ah and Yumi look really excited to go so Seo Hyun could not do anything but to go too.

            “Don’t worry, there are mild rides here for you….” Says Yumi.

            “Right. Let’s play and have a blast!” Ji Ah adds.

Seo Hyun smiles awkwardly.

            “Let’s go!” the two says in unison with big grins on their faces.

With their grasps in her arms, Seo Hyun feels like she’s locked down so she couldn’t do anything but be yanked by them.Yonghwa quietly follows them.

They first take mild rides like the carousel and rotating teacups then goes to the souvenir shop. The girls bought some cute headbands with animal ears on them.

Ji Ah sees a photo booth and suggests getting a group picture. The four of them goes inside the small booth. There is a small space so they all have to compress together. Yumi and Ji Ah bend their knees and so Seo Hyun and Yonghwa stand next to each other. They both feel awkward and couldn’t concentrate well on the picture taking.

            “Eyyy….the wig made me look like a middle age woman!” Yumi complains as she looks at the photos in her hands.

            “I told you not to get this background, see, only half of my face has been caught!” Ji Ah tells Yumi.

These two are busy with their small bickering that they couldn’t pay attention to Seo Hyun and Yonghwa’s unusual behavior.

_________________________________________________________________

Next destination…..House of Terror.

They were about to enter when Ji Ah suddenly feels like going to the comfort room.

            “Guys, I need to use the comfort room first. I feel like my bladder is going to burst!” she says.

Yumi turns to Seo Hyun.

            “You two go ahead. I’d go with Ji Ah so that she won’t be alone when she enters.”

            “Huh? No, let’s wait then..” Seo Hyun says.

            “No. Go with Yonghwa sshi. We’ll be right behind you, okay?”

Yumi and Ji Ah step away leaving them with no choice but to enter together. Seo Hyun blows out some air while Yonghwa swallows a bit. This will be the first time that they will be left alone since their misunderstanding earlier at school. There’s tension between them and no words from either one of them.