TWENTY ONE

[Author's Note]

Yup.....this is a recollection of the story in Yonghwa's side. I feel like it's a must that I tell his side of the story so that you all could get a complete grasp of it both ways.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Yonghwa yawns. It’s another day at school as usual. While the teacher hasn’t arrived yet, students are busy with different things. Yoon Ji Ah and Cha Yumi are chatting with the others, the other girls are doing their make-up though it’s not allowed, Kwon Baek is gobbling a sandwich….his breakfast or extended breakfast, while Lee Won Geun and the other guys are talking about a soccer game from last night.

The bell rings and their homeroom teacher, Mr. Ji Suk Jin comes in. The students hurriedly return to their places.

            “Good morning, people.” He greets.

The class president leads them into a return greeting.

Feeling uninterested, Yonghwa rests his chin on his fist and glance over the window next to him.

It’s going to be a loooooong day—his mind says.

Mr. Jin just finished his roll call when the school guard knocks. He goes out and talks with him a bit before returning inside.

            “We got a new transferee student.” He says.

It’s the middle of school year, who transfers school like that?

            “She’s from Jeonju Girls High School.” He adds.

            “Isn’t that a high-end institution?” he hears a girl whispers.

            “Yeah….from the countryside.” Another says.

Mr. Jin asks the new student to come in.

A girl enters the room. Her steps are slow and careful.

            “Alright, this is your new classmate.” He turns to her. “Why don’t you introduce yourself to the class?”

The girl holds tightly to the floral shoulder bag hanging to her right shoulder. Her eyes are on the floor as if she’s not sure of what’s happening. Everyone is quiet...waiting for the new kid to speak. She swallows hard.

            “G-good day. M….my name is Seo….Hyun.” her voice is shaking. “I just moved here….from Jeonju……Nice to meet you.” She bows politely.

Mr. Jin claps making everyone in the room follows.

            “Alright….Kwon Baek, please move to the back. Letting a girl to sit at the back is being ungentle man, isn’t it?”

            “Yes!” Kwon Baek happily exclaims. He’d definitely like to sit at the back because he’ll be free to pig out there for each class. He gets his bag to go at the back side but Moo Hyuk goes there immediately. Every guy likes to get there. Without a choice, Kwon Baek takes the place Moo Hyuk left…..the one on Yonghwa’s side.

The girl awkwardly walk towards the third desk and take a sit there. She puts down her bag and adjusts her thick eyeglasses.

Their rows are side by side. He’s on the fifth desk of his row while she’s on the third desk of her row. Though she’s sitting two desks away from him, Yonghwa can see her well.