♦THREE♦

"Hey Jimin! I'm almost done with getting everything set up" Jeongguk said, holding his phone up to his ear.   

It was Saturday, and Jimin and Jeongguk had planned a movie night. Once a month (and every Saturday) the two friends would have a movie marathon together. It was a friendship tradition that they had formed throughout the years, and Jeongguk was also happy since, for the first time in two weeks, he was going to have Jimin all to himself.

"Yeah, hey Ggukie?" Jimin spoke through the phone "I think I'm not going to be able to make it tonight."

Jeongguk stopped himself from getting the popcorn out "what, why?! Did something happen?"

"No!" Jimin exclaimed "actually, Namjoon asked me to come over tonight, and it completely slipped my mind that we were having a movie night. Actually, I think we're going to finally do it and I'm so nervous that my hands can barely stay still!"

"Oh," Jeongguk said, feeling his heart shatter inside of his chest "oh, okay."

"I'm so so sorry!" Jimin replied "really, but I just can't say no now and we can always redo it, right?"

"Yeah, yeah we can," Jeongguk said "have fun and remember to use protection."

Jimin let out a giggle "I will. Bye! Love you Ggukie!"

"Love you too" Jeongguk mumbled.

But not in the way you do. 

The older hung up, and Jeongguk let out a sigh, placing his phone on the kitchen counter. He knew he didn't want to watch the movie all alone now, but he had no idea what to do instead.

So, he grabbed his keys and a jacket before he left his house.

Jeongguk had no idea where he was going, but he let his feet carry him wherever they wanted nonetheless. He ended up by a streetlight, and it wouldn't let pedestrians cross since the green light was still on and cars were driving by.

The young boy began pushing the button, but it wouldn't budge. He continued pushing it until eventually, he was just taking his anger out on it.

Jeongguk hated Jimin for abandoning him, but he also hated Namjoon for taking him away from him. But most of all, Jeongguk hated the universe. Because it never seemed to make him happy.

"Hey Cherry, what are you doing?"

Jeongguk turned to be faced with the infamous asshole, Taehyung.

"Don't call me that," the younger said, continuing to push at the button.

"Hey-" He took his hand away from it "are you okay?"

"Don't touch me" Jeongguk snapped, pulling his arm away from the older's grip "and I'm fine. I'm just not in the mood for games today."

"Are you sure?" Taehyung asked, genuinely sounding concerned "because you seem really off-"

"-I said I'm not in the mood, okay asshole?" Jeongguk replied, "you don't have to pretend to care about me."

"I'm not pre-"

"Bye asshole!" Jeongguk said, beginning to walk out into the road, though he wasn't aware that there was a car on its way "hope you have fun annoying other teenage boys with real problems!"

"J-Jeongguk, watch-"

"What? I can't hear you?' Jeongguk said, smirking. He was walking backward in the middle of the road, enjoying the look on the older's face.

Then, everything else happened so fast.

Jeongguk saw lights and just right when he thought he was about to get hit by a car someone pulled him out of the road. He couldn't decipher who it was, though. All he knew was that arms were around him and he almost felt like he was being picked up.