♦SIX♦

"Is it just me, or has Jeongguk been acting really distant lately?"

Hoseok turned towards Jimin, raising an eyebrow. The two boys were sitting in class, and while the teacher was speaking, Jimin randomly asked the older a question.

"It's just you" Hoseok whispered in reply "he seems fine to me."

"No like - I don't know how to explain it," Jimin said.

"Try."

"Like...he doesn't spend any time with us outside of school anymore," Jimin told him "like at school he's fine, but he hasn't texted or said he wanted to schedule anything in weeks."

"So? I don't see the big deal" Hoseok said "he doesn't have to do stuff out of school with us. But if I had to think of a reason, he's probably still mad at you."

Jimin's eyes widened "he's mad at me?"

Hoseok swore under his breath "forget I just said that-"

"-No, no! Tell me!" Jimin whisper-shouted.

Hoseok hesitated, then continued "he didn't really go into depth, but he was kind of mad that you canceled your movie night."

"But he said he was fine with it!" Jimin replied, confused.

"People lie, you know."

Guilt filled Jimin's stomach "shit, I should talk to him."

"It might not be that, though" Hoseok reassured him "he could just have plans."

"Doing what?" Jimin asked.

"Don't ask me" Hoseok replied.

"Well, I'm just worr-"

"Are we talking in class?!" The teacher exclaimed, starting the two boys.

"N-no ma'am" Jimin quickly replied.

The teacher gave them a look before she turned back around, continuing to teach the class. Hoseok and Jimin also gave each other a look before continuing back to their work.

-------------------------------------------------------

"So can you tell me why we're not going to walk back through the forest? It's a lot easier to get you home that way."

"Maybe, but haven't you heard the legends? It's dangerous to go there at night."

Taehyung and Jeongguk had been hanging out together (as always these days) by a nice lake that Jeongguk knew about. They had just been talking and relaxing there until it began to get darker and Taehyung suggested that they both head home. But, the younger wasn't interested in going home by taking the woods as a shortcut, and Taehyung truly had no idea why.

"What legends?" The older asked.

"They're old Busan legends about what's in the woods at night," Jeongguk said, his voice sounding scarier "legend has it that vampires and other creatures used to roam the forests, looking for human victims to feast on!"

Taehyung felt his insides tighten.

"Don't be so tense! I'm just messing with you" Jeongguk said, hitting him lightly.

Taehyung forced a laugh "Yeah, I know."

The older felt his finger linger around where his ring usually is, since it's a nervous habit of his. But as he felt around, he didn't feel anything.

"Fuck!" Taehyung accidentally said out loud "I think I left my ring back at the restaurant."

"Oh, do you want to go back and get it?" Jeongguk offered.