♦FOURTEEN♦

"Why the fuck do you look so happy right now? It's scaring me."

Taehyung turned around to see Yoongi standing in the doorway, his arms crossed. He let out a small gasp as he threw his phone down on the bed, surprised to see the older there.

A week had passed since Jeongguk and Taehyung had become friends again, and Taehyung was already happier. They had just been texting a moment ago, and though Taehyung wasn't aware of it he was practically smiling like a crazy person.

"I-I um...no reason," Taehyung said, feeling nervous.

Yoongi walked inside, his eyebrows furrowed "okay, I was just asking since you were smiling and giggling like a girl with their crush."

"Shut up," Taehyung said, suddenly feeling his face turn pink "w-what about you? You seem happier lately too."

Yoongi's eyes widened, "what the hell are you talking about?"

"You always stay out late and then when you come back, your face is always flushed" Taehyung defended.

"Yeah...cause it's cold" Yoongi deadpanned.

"If it's so cold, why do you stay out so late?!"

"And why do even go out late hmm? You're usually asleep when I come back."

Taehyung instantly went quiet, and before he knew it Yoongi grabbed his phone and started looking through it.

"Hyung! Give me my phone-" Taehyung said, trying to reach for it but Yoongi held him back.

"I'm your guardian, I have a right to see what you're doing" Yoongi said, trying to work the phone but struggled since he wasn't very familiar with modern technology.

"But you're violating my privacy!" Taehyung exclaimed, though the older ignored him as he continued to look through his phone.

"Who's Jeongguk?" Yoongi asked while looking through Taehyung's text messages with the younger boy "you sure talk a l-"

Before Yoongi could finish his sentence Taehyung snatched his phone out of the older's grip and protectively in his arms. "Why would you do that?!"

"Who's Jeongguk?" Yoongi asked, ignoring his question.

Taehyung felt anger boil in his veins as he laid down on his bed and faced the wall, avoiding any eye contact with the older. "Go away if you're going to invade my privacy."

"You didn't answer my question-"

"And I don't want to talk to you right now" Taehyung snapped.

Yoongi sighed, "I'm sorry, but I've just been worried about you. I told you that you can always talk to me, and you're still keeping secrets from me."

Taehyung was silent, and another sigh escaped from Yoongi's lips.

"I'll say it again, but if you ever want to talk, I'm here for you, Taehyung" Yoongi said, softly.

Taehyung was silent once more, and Yoongi walked out of the boy's room, gently closing the door behind him.

——————————————————-----

"Are you sure we have to do this?" Jeongguk asked as he followed Taehyung. 

"Yes, we do." Taehyung replied. They were both in a abandoned warehouse, and the two were about to start their training; even though Jeongguk was still hesitant about it.

"You're very confident, which is good. But you don't have skill, which is what you need to win" Taehyung said as he put down his bag. Inside were wooden stakes, knives, and more.