♦TWENTY TWO♦

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

Jeongguk pulled the covers that were over his head off of him, looking up to see Taehyung who stood in the doorway of his room. Today they were supposed to go to a party with Hoseok and Jimin, though the thought of it now made Jeongguk almost sick. 

He was still angry with Jimin, and even though only a day had gone by since their fight, they still haven't spoken since. Jeongguk would have been fine if it was just Hoseok, Taehyung, and him going that that party, but the thought of seeing Jimin gave him anything but excitement.

But, Jeongguk had a plan.

Though he knew it was incredibly dumb and somewhat childish, the younger decided he was going to fake being sick. He knew if he texted Hoseok with a lie he would buy it, but the problem was Taehyung.

"Oh Tae, I think I have the flu or something," Jeongguk said, faking a cough "when I woke up this morning, I couldn't stop vomiting. I think it's better if I text Hoseok and tell him that I can't make it."

Taehyung walked over and placed his palm on his forehead, feeling his temperature "you feel fine to me. Maybe you just had food poisoning."

"No seriously Tae, I feel sooo bad," Jeongguk said, attempting to sick "I really don't think I can go."

A small smirk formed on the older's lips "acting sure isn't your strong suit."

Jeongguk groaned in annoyance as he threw the covers over his head again, hating how Taehyung was able to see right through him.

Taehyung chuckled lightly as he laid down next to him, trying to get comfortable in the younger's bed. "So why don't you tell me the real reason you don't wanna go to this party, hmm?"

Jeongguk threw the covers off of him for the second time, still in his pajamas. "One of my friends and I got into a fight, and I'm too much of a coward to face him."

"Which one?" Taehyung asked.

"Jimin, the one that I've known since I was little" Jeongguk told him "we got into a fight about...well, you."

Taehyung's eyes widened "me? How come?"

Jeongguk looked away, suddenly wishing that he had never told him the true reason. He went quiet, though Taehyung playfully nudged him.

"Baby, what is it?" Taehyung asked, "you can tell me."

Jeongguk sighed as he met his gaze once again: "he thinks you're a bad influence or something. I don't get why because he doesn't even know you, but he said that he was trying to protect me, and he was thinking that I'm this a love-struck daze or some shit." 

Taehyung blew out a sigh "well, I don't exactly look the friendliest, and I'm older than you so he is probably scared for you. I think he really is trying to protect you, he just has a bad way of showing it."

"Maybe, but he knows I can handle myself," Jeongguk said, "I don't know, it's just really out of his character to me."

"Maybe he suspects," Taehyung said, which made Jeongguk frown "about me."

"I don't think so," Jeongguk said, though he felt his heart skip a beat "when we were little, we used to read a bunch of books about all of those magical creatures and he always knew those things were fake."