♦TWENTY SIX♦

Jeongguk was extremely distraught. 

Jeongguk used to never understand what it meant for love to consume you. Of course, he loved Jimin but he never took his time worrying or thinking so much that he became distracted in school. Jeongguk never could understand how in books, the heroine would lose her mind over some boy, so much that her grades would start dropping and her life began to slowly fall apart.

Well, that was happening now.

Jeongguk was so conflicted with the Jimin situation that he found himself not paying attention in class. He soon saw his grades dropping, since he never made an effort to pay attention (he didn't much before, but he still tried a lot harder than most kids). All he thought about was drunk Jimin on his couch, crying about how much he loved him and how he wanted to be with him.

He cared about Jimin, he always would. But the problem was that he cared about Taehyung too, and though he cared about his boyfriend more he still found himself unable to shake his best friend from his mind.

Jeongguk felt like he was living in a movie. Almost a month ago, he had just found out vampires existed; now he was in love with two people at the same time.

Though Taehyung's been texting him and trying to get together, Jeongguk's been slow on purpose. He didn't want the older to think that was avoiding him - even though that was what he's been doing - but he's been making the classic excuse of: "being too busy."

Now, Jeongguk was walking home as he always did, blasting music through his tiny AirPods. He felt like it was August again, and he was reminded of the night he first met Taehyung, since he was fulfilling the same ritual before he met the older.

"God, who thought that my whole life would start to revolve around two stupid boys" Jeongguk mumbled to himself, kicking tiny rocks as he passed. Jeongguk has always cared too much for people, but this - this was excessive.

He didn't want to go home. Seeing his parents around felt weird now, and he knew that if they found out about his new grades they would be anything but pleased. He knew he couldn't go to Jimin, or Taehyung, and he assumed Hoseok was busy. The balcony he once loved grew into a reminder of someone he loves, and he couldn't think of any place better.

Jeongguk was alone. All over again.

As the younger walked along the cold and quiet streets of Busan, he passed by a small bar. The door was open, and through his music, he could hear yelling. Jeongguk took his AirPods out and looked inside, curious as to what was going on.

He saw many people - mainly guys - surrounding one girl. She was talking to all of them, and they all laughed and seemed so invested in what she was saying. The girl was very pretty, one of the prettiest girls Jeongguk has ever seen, with long dyed red hair and big eyes. She had a smile that could leave any guy hypnotized, though Jeongguk wasn't one of them.

The girl turned her head to face the entrance which was where Jeongguk was standing. The two made eye contact, and her eyes widened, looking like she recognized him even though Jeongguk has never seen her in his life.

The girl told the boys that she had to leave and when they protested and begged her to stay. Jeongguk decided to make a run for it. He knew that for whatever reason, she wanted to talk to him, and he had anything but a good feeling about it.

As Jeongguk sped walked away from the bar, he heard a voice call out: "wait!"

Jeongguk stopped in place, and he slowly whipped his head around to see that girl from the bar standing there. Jeongguk noticed she had on a little black dress that seemed to compliment her hair, and the younger knew that she stood out way too much for Busan.