♦THIRTY-SEVEN♦

"Where the hell do you think you're going?"

Taehyung heard a low, yet soft-spoken voice. He already knew who it was without turning around.

When Taehyung woke up that morning, he realized that Jeongguk was gone. The younger had even left a note saying that he was sorry for leaving, but that he didn't want to make his family suspicious. Taehyung hadn't minded, he knew how things were now.

Taehyung didn't regret yesterday night, but a part of him wondered if Jeongguk did.

He knew he should have, what they had done was reckless and unexpected, yet at the same time, it was the one thing they both needed.

Late last night and early this morning, Taehyung was thinking. He wondered if there was any way the two could be together, even though now it seems like that's practically impossible.

But Taehyung wanted to think hypothetically. He wanted to have some hope in a place full of darkness, and he didn't want to keep letting Jeongguk go.

Taehyung had come to two conclusions this morning.

He knew that the main reason that they couldn't be together was because of life and death. Jeongguk was a human and Taehyung was a vampire.

What if he could change that?

Taehyung didn't want Jeongguk to change - God no, he'd die before letting that happen. He knew that if Jeongguk had experienced the same pain and guilt that Taehyung felt every day as a vampire, the younger wouldn't be able to bear it.

So Taehyung came to his second conclusion; what if he could be human again?

The thought seemed foreign, impractical almost. But Taehyung realized that it wasn't impossible and that he should've thought about it sooner.

There was a great and famous warlock known as Kim Seokjin. He lived in Seoul, and he was so powerful that Taehyung knew he could get his help for a cure.

A cure to get his humanity back.

So, Taehyung was leaving to begin finding ways to contact Seokjin. He had thought that it would be smart to start planning now rather than later.

But then Yoongi stopped him.

Taehyung turned around, not liking the sound of his tone earlier. "Out."

"Why? It's late, you already ate, and we don't need anything" Yoongi said, walking over. His arms were crossed and he looked kind of angry. For the first time, Taehyung didn't know what he did wrong.

"Can't I just go out?" Taehyung asked, growing suspicious."I don't want to be cooped up inside all day."

"I know, Taehyung," Yoongi said. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"You know what?" Taehyung asked, confused.

Yoongi went silent, then said: "I know Jeongguk was here with you last night."

Taehyung's face dropped.

"I saw him leave this morning," Yoongi continued. "Are you seeing him again?"

"I don't want to talk about this," Taehyung mumbled, walking away.

Yoongi wasn't done though. "No, we are going to talk about this. Do you know how much shit you're getting yourself into if you start seeing him again? This isn't just some game Taehyung, he's a hunter. You're putting not only your own life but ours at stake!"

"I'm not seeing him" Taehyung replied, "but I want to have a future with him."

Yoongi shook his head at him, clearly not taking him seriously. "Taehyung, I know you love him but you gotta accept that it isn't-"