Arius - [My Father, the Pharaoh of Egypt]

Hello Everyone! PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU START  =D

Thank you so much for choosing to read this story and supporting it! I never imagined that people would like it so much! =D!

But before you start, I just wanted to let you know that I started writing this story when I was about thirteen or fourteen and haven't edited much since! So I promise you that certain parts of this will seem out of context or "Non Ancient Egyptian-y." ESPECIALLY in the beginning chapters!

It does get a little better though as you read on, because as the story progresses, I myself was getting much older and was reading more books and doing more research! Of course, it still isn't perfect!

If you want something that's more accurate, you can check out "Loving the Pharaoh"!! I started that more recently and have been trying my best to make it more accurate! But again, it's not perfect!

But I promise that I will edit it soon! And I hope it's much better when I do that! xD

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Love,

luckycharms! 

PS. Please Vote and Comment! I really love to hear what you all think!! <3 Teehee

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

I always feel relaxed when there is the smell of flowers everywhere, but for whatever reason, I am never at peace. It has been seven years since my mother died, seven years since I felt the peace I now long for. My mother was a beautiful queen who ruled by the side of my father Khamen, the Pharaoh of Egypt. When I was nine years of age, she was murdered.

     No one knows who did it, and no one will ever find out because my father would kill anyone who dared to look into it.

     Though he is so adamant about not wanting her murder to be investigated, he roams around the kingdom trying to show the world he feels pain for losing the women he loved. Thus, I may not know who did it, but I have my suspicions, my father and I never really got along well.

     After my mother died, my father had forced me to study extremely hard, since I am next in line to rule Egypt. Ever since I was a child I was forced to study, but the work load increased after my mother died. Even now, I continue to do it, nonsense really. Most things are being taught to me repeatedly, it's such a bore. I don't see why I need to continue studying, I am already smarter than a lot of people, probably the smartest boy in Egypt who had only lived for seventeen years, and I'm not trying to brag. I have good memory skills and I am a good learner. Specifically, I learn best from my mistakes, and I make a lot of mistakes.

     My point is that I know a lot of things, including four other languages. What more do I need to know?

     I guess I sound like someone who doesn't care about anything, someone who just wants to relax. No, I really do care. I am an active person; I am kind, giving and I have only a light temper. I just get really bored of being the future king. I want more adventure in my life, I want some fun. I want to be able to pick up a sword and swing it freely but the only time I can do that is to practice patterns with some old man who I'm not allowed to kill.

     I probably wouldn't kill him though, even if I was allowed to.

     I love my family, well my brother Akhen, to be specific. I do love my father, but there are more than a couple of things I would trade him for.