Arius - [Another Birthday Gift]

The anger filled me quickly, I didn’t know whether I was angry at my father or Alexandra, I didn’t want to be angry at Alexandra though.

       I felt the anger changed completely into fear as I told Tabia, “She could have been killed!” I knew Tabia understood by the quick change of her expression.

       “He has a reason to want to kill her now! You know how he is Tabia!” I tried my hardest to keep my voice down, but all the fear made that hard to do.

       “To my father, Alexandra is just a slave. The fact that she touched me would have definitely infuriated him, not to mention the fact that she spoke up without permission!” I bit my tongue as I remembered what she said. “The Prince has no reason to fight you tonight.” I muttered. “You could have at least tried to add a little respect in your voice!” I began yelling again.

       Tabia marched up to me and smashed her fist into the top of my head.

       Irritation filled me, “Tabia!” I howled.

       She covered my mouth. “Arius! People are sleeping! Stop yelling you loud bastard!” She pulled her hand away. She then grabbed my hair and sat down on the floor, pulling me down too. “Listen.” She said and then she pulled Alexandra so that she was sitting in front of me.

       “What’s done is done, we can’t change the past and besides, what makes you so sure he will do something?” Tabia asked.

       I glared at her.

       “Okay, fine. Never mind.” Tabia said and then she looked away.

       We were all quiet for quite a while, but then Tabia’s head shot up.

       “Well, I guess I can just say I told her to do what ever she had to, to keep you away from fighting. I mean, he can’t hurt her if it was because of me, right?” She said.

       I dropped my head. “What do you think?”

       Tabia closed her eyes. “I think we should try, and if anything goes wrong—” She sighed “—then I guess you’re on your own.”

       “What do you mean?” I asked, as anger filled me again. Was she was just going to pretend she had no clue what was going on. “Are you just going try and save yourself by making me face this alone? You’re just going to give up on me?” I asked, looking at the floor. 

       Tabia gasped, “Of course not Arius! I can’t believe you would think that!” She threw her arms around me. “No matter what, I’m here for you! If your father wants to kill you and Alexandra, then he’s gonna have to get past me first!”

       The guilt made my heart feel heavy; I should have known Tabia wouldn’t have meant that. “What do you mean than?” I asked as she pulled away.

       “I meant that you have to tell him that you love Alexandra.” She said.

       “Are you insane?” I yelled.

       She punched me.

       My voice dropped to a whisper, “Do you think that telling him that is going to make him happy?”

       Tabia shook her head. “Well, you probably would get the support.” She said.

       “What support?” I asked, my head began to spin.

       “The royal court.” She said. “You have my support for sure, and Khafirin too. Dr. Tumini knows about this, right Alexandra?” She asked Alexandra.