[Pharaoh In Training]

HEY GUYS!

Just to let you know, this chapter has the POV of both Chione/Alexandra and Arius! The switch will be indicated in bold and square brackets! I'm sure you'll figure it out =P I hope you're enjoying it so far!

Thanks for reading! It means a lot to me!! <3

Love,

Thannujah

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Chione]

I was strangely so happy. I had made a new friend and he was so kind. He definitely proved my theory of high class people wrong. But that wasn’t the only reason I was happy, he was the first person to ever ask me about what I wanted. For whatever reason, that made me so happy.

       We finished cleaning the throne room together and I must say it looked marvelous.

       Plus, it was easier to clean now, since I was happy.

       We talked the night away, I even told him about my parents and that they were killed, but I didn’t say anything about how the King was involved. I knew he felt sorry for me, so I changed the subject.

       Then next day was when I heard the news of how the Pharaoh was leaving for Syria. I also heard that his son will be taking over until he came back, there was going to be an announcement when the sun is high in the sky, and I was sure to go to it. I had to see his majesty and, of course, his royal son.

       My stomach twisted, how come he gets to be happy with a family?

       I was excited, though, because I wanted to see the happy family. I wanted to know who my enemies were.

       So I rushed to finish my work and when the time finally came, I had no chores to do.

       I ran out to the palace grounds and looked up, there was a balcony high up on one of the towers of the palace.

       People had already begun to arrive and it was already a little crowded.

       After a short moment, the space began to fill up faster. It was almost time. My heart was jumping up and down in excitement and as the spokesperson for the king walked onto the balcony, the crowd settled down.

       “Citizens of Egypt, I now bring forth, our all mighty Pharaoh!” He said.

       Everyone cheered and screamed, why were they cheering for that killer?        

       I looked up and then saw him, the king of Egypt, the murderer of my parents, the man who ruined my life.

       He looked just as evil as I imagined him to be.

       Anger overwhelmed me, but I kept calm. I stared at him, but I was sure he wouldn’t have seen me in the crowd.

       “My good people please hear me well. As you may have heard I am leaving Egypt for a short time and in my absence my son will be the temporary Pharaoh, as he will need the practice for the time that he will truly be Pharaoh in the future. Please welcome him into your loving hands, my people!”

       My stomach twisted in disgust, he acted too good to be true. I turned around to leave, but then everyone began to cheer again.

       I quickly turned back around and saw a young man walk out onto the balcony, he wore all kinds of jewels and had a strong figure, he wore a cape that blew in the wind and his face was familiar… but then I realized who I was looking at.

       “Prince Arius!” The Pharaoh shouted, “No, Pharaoh Arius!”

       Everyone cheered, louder than they had for the Pharaoh.

       But I stood there, shocked.

[Arius]

The crowd was bigger than I thought it would be. At first, I was a little nervous, but now I was happy when I saw and heard everyone’s happiness.

       Maybe I can do this. I thought.

       I waved at the people of Egypt and they cheered louder.          I saw in the crowd, men and women, babies and the elderly, children of all ages, and families gathered together. I saw hundreds of people, all of them looked so happy. These were the people that one day, I will have to protect. I want to be able to do it and I want to do it better than my father had.

       But, I was still new at this, so I had no idea what I was supposed to do.

       I turned around and looked at my father. “Say something.” He ordered.

       Oh no. I thought. I hadn’t prepared anything. What am I supposed to say? I stared at the crowd and put my hand up.          “Hello!” I said smiling; everyone cheered, and I heard some friendly laughter. But everyone began to bow.

       The thousands of people fell to their knees. I was amazed, when it comes to worshiping a king; these people knew how to do it.

       I looked around stunned, everyone sat there, everyone but one. I recognized her immediately, it was Alexandra. She saw me look at her and she quickly turned away, then she ran off.

       I watched her run off, confused but decided not to think much of it. Maybe she had something important to do.

       I turned to my father who looked mad; I guessed he was mad with my introductory speech.

       Akhen, however, couldn’t control his giggles.

       I wanted to laugh as well but I didn’t, not when father was angrily watching me.

       When the announcement was over we all headed inside, I was told just now that there was going to be some sort of party. I wasn’t looking forward to it. It was going to be late at night and I wanted to get as much sleep as possible, but skipping this party wasn’t an option.

       I spent the rest of the day wandering around waiting for the party. But to be honest, I wasn’t sure if that was what I was really waiting for.