Lucifer x reader - Nightmare

Pairing: Lucifer x Winchester!reader

Words: 510

Warnings: Lucifer being insecure

A/N: It's a bit shorter than I intended but I hope the anon who requested this story will still be happy with it.

Prompts: 16 "Nothing is wrong with you." & 27 "I don't care what anyone else thinks."

With a loud gasp Lucifer wakes up from yet another nightmare. Sweat covers every part of his skin and his breath is stocked. His heart still beats like crazy in chest because of his dream, he's even snacking a little.

It takes a few moment for the angel to realize where he is. He' still in his bed and you're still by his side. Thanks father.

His sudden movement seems to wake you up. Sleepingly, you try to figure out what's going on until you see your boyfriend wide awake.

'Another bad dream?'

'Yeah, you left me yet again but this time it looked even more real. You said the witch was right. I'm not good enough for you, I'm a monster. Everyone knows monsters are unloveable.'

The day before, you begged Lucifer to help your brothers Sam and Dean finding and killing a powerful witch. She seemed to be able to read other's (including the archangel's) thoughts which gave her the opportunity to make Lucifer even more insecure in your relationship. She told him no one can love the devil no matter how much he wished in would be different before he managed to kill her.

'Of course you are loveable. I love you so, so much, Luci.'

'How? How can you love me when everyone just keeps telling you how evil and terrible I am. I'm a murderer, (y/n). Your brothers beg you all the time to leave me. Even Castiel is against out relationship because he's certain I'll hurt you someday,' with that tears rise in Lucifer eyes.

This nightmare clearly affects him even more than all the others before. Without hesitating, you sit up enough to hug him, hoping it will help him somehow to feel you're here for him.

'I don't care what anyone else thinks. They don't now you like I do, none of them. You're a good person with a horrible past who tries his best to make the right choises. No matter what everyone else says for me you'll always be my loving, caring boyfriend. A good person who just gets misunderstood by the rest of the world. This is not a bad thing and it won't make you less loveable. There is nothing wrong with you, Luci. Please believe me. '

Lucifer can only stares at you, his eyes showing all the adoration, love and thankfulness he helds for you. You're the best what ever happened to him. Until today, he doesn't know how he deserved you but he wants to do everything in his power to keep your love.

You gently command Lucifer to lie down again, so he can rest his head on your chest. Both of you waste no time to take your arms tightly around another. What most people doesn't now is that the devil loves to cuddle. It always make him feel at peace, like he's finally home again.

With one last soft kiss on his forehead he falls back asleep. This time his dreams aren't plagued from his fears and insecurities.