II - I'll take the hand

"You mean to say, your name is Henry?" Songkarn thought this to be extremely weird. Wasn't this an English or American name? He didn't know the difference. Songkarn needed to look at him for a second. More closely than he let himself do before when he felt like he was the most beautiful man he had ever seen. At that time, Songkarn had not properly seen what the rest of him looked like.

If one could imagine Henry's expression to be something other than cynical, mocking or stern and hard as a stone, then you'd probably do a double-take. Then the high cheekbones would rise up. He would whish up a smile so light and enchanting you could not walk away even if you wanted to. The kind eyes and the strong masculine brows made you feel safe. Little lopsided ears that made Henry's appearance fun and cute. The high forehead and beautiful, probably toned, copper-colored, slightly wavy hair. His strong arms, covered with just the right amount of hair for a man. Songkarn had seen his bare legs before and could guess how strong they were. Helping him up from the ground, he had laid his eyes on the nicely muscled body. Songkarn knew that if anyone proposed to him in this form, though knowingly not gay, even he would be in trouble. He would not know how to say 'no' to that.

"Well yes. I'm Henry. There is another name I use when I'm in Thailand. You'll learn that in the future. Before you wonder any more about my name, just know this, I've lived most of my life in the States and my mother was a big fan of the name Henry. Obviously, we aren't close enough yet to talk about the deep reasons behind my personal information. So maybe next time. Right now, Songkarn, please come and sit. Let's eat and talk about the plans, you so handsomely observed for almost an hour." Songkarn wanted to ask more. Like, the United States? But the thought of how stupid he would look if he asked that stopped him. He wisely let it go.

*

Their breakfast was long over. The plates were removed and tea was brought but they still kept talking and discussing the project. As they analyzed different topics, Songkarn found himself imagining everything in his mind, inventing new connections between things that he couldn't think of before. Lunch arrived yet their discussion had still not finished. But the night before had been demanding. Songkarn's brain needed rest. He found himself, at times, yawning. Songkarn felt like all his mind's power was used. When he finally looked at the time, he was surprised as it had passed so quickly. He had lost track of time as they had carried on with their conversation. Henry chuckled.

"It seems I've held you here a lot longer than the first day of work would usually suggest for a man of your caliber. Let me quickly tell you about your new work conditions. You will start with this project in hand. I will make all the necessary arrangements tomorrow. Well, most of the arrangements have been made prior to your arrival but some still need to be taken care of. I hand-picked each one of your team members. This team should be able to assist you well with the project." Songkarn looked at Henry.

"Uhh... I'm sorry Henry but can you tell me what is going on? I was under the impression that I was just coming here to work in the same position as before. Now all of a sudden, I have my own team and working on a project that I've only dreamed about. Why did you choose me? There are many who are more talented and experienced in this particular subject?" Henry looked at him for quite a long time.

Why?

Did he think Songkarn was rude? What exactly was going on inside that head of his?

Henry seemed intriguing. Not just handsome but as smart as a person could be.

Just out of nowhere, Songkarn was certain that until someone showed him a solid proof that there is someone smarter than Henry, he wouldn't believe it. Hell, he probably would still not believe it.

"Well, you see, Songkarn. I have no doubt that there are many who are more qualified, who would kill to work on this project. There are also many who would love to take the power of decision making away from me," Henry said. He looked directly in Songkarn's eyes and continued, "Let's just say, there is experience and knowledge in me which makes some people think that it's alright to stop me from creating something new or that they can use my intelligence in their favor. So I was searching in our firm's database for someone who is smart, hardworking and somewhat unique. Which I believe, I found in you."