V - Feels like...

This could not be happening. What was Songkarn supposed to do now? Well for starters, he should stop acting like a confused puppy who barks at unfamiliar strangers. He greeted Henry formally and introduced himself again. He tried to act as if the moments when they talked with each other didn't exist. And that he had no sprouting feelings for the really handsome guy in a suit.

"This won't work, Songkarn. Of course, you do have to act politely towards me but this kind of weird acts needs to stop right now. We can't make this project a success if you can't be anything else but a bootlicker. I hired you for your mind, not your ability to make me like you. So pull yourself together. Also, you already know me, it would be weird to act as if you don't." Henry stood up from behind the table and went, with papers in hand, to sit in a comfortable leather chair beside the meeting table. Of course, he sat at the head of the table.

"Also, we do need to solve how you will address me. Just so you know, in the office you have to address me with my Thai name. My American name isn't known here. So, Mr. Mongkolbutr should be used in the office. Henry should only be used when we meet in private or call each other. Don't forget it. My privacy means more to me than anything else. Now let's get to work." Henry beckoned with his hand to the seat next to him and Songkarn went to sit down. As confused as he felt, Songkarn still couldn't change who he was so he deliberately used the situation and pushed his confused thoughts to the back of his head. This work was fascinating to him. He was so into the project that only a few minutes and he had already stopped thinking about everything but the content of the papers in his hand.

When Songkarn left the workplace it was already a few minutes past 8 pm in the evening. He felt that the evening had been more than a bit surreal. When they finished all the work-related discussions, Henry just walked back to his table and that too with absolute indifference toward Songkarn, who was still sitting there and waiting for directions or a clear dismissal. Henry even continued his work without uttering a single word to the other person in the room. Was he bipolar or something?

Songkarn felt confused and tired of this exchange. Henry's attitude towards him made it easier to follow his own decision and move on from the slight change his heart almost had. Besides he wasn't thrilled in liking a guy who had multiple names and the same amount of personalities. Plus, he was obviously too rich for him. Songkarn never had a chance to live in this kind of luxury and didn't think it was necessary either.

Songkarn fell asleep and dove into the familiar dream right away. The man in the doorways was present again. Without any shadows, as clear as day. Again with Henry's face. Songkarn was dreaming of Henry in every aspect possible now.

They were standing in a room with the same door he had noticed before. Henry stepped forward, closer to Songkarn, bowed down before him and offered him a lollipop. Which Songkarn saw himself accepting. This version of Henry wore clothes that matched the clothes worn by the people from Songkarn's childhood.

Songkarn felt himself get confused even though he was sleeping deeply, dreaming. Like why did Henry give him a lollipop? Songkarn made sure to fix this particular part of the dream securely in his memories before it could disappear. He then teleported before the black colored painting and noticed that the picture from his last dream was still lying on the floor. This time he tentatively tried to hold the picture and was sincerely surprised when his fingers could grasp it. Lifting it up, he wiped the surface clean, removing the dust particles covering it.

A shudder ran through Songkarn's body in his dream. He jerked up with a gasp and felt the goosebumps on his body as a result of the disturbing dream.

The memory, it had not gone away. It was a picture of his granddad. What was the picture of his granddad doing there? In a dream that's been torturing him for over a year... There had been absolutely nothing that could have prompted Songkarn's subconscious to include his granddad into this absurd dream world of his.