XXII - Exposure

Could it really be this easy? Songkarn was satisfied, rested and well-fed. And happy. Who could want more? Most of the time it seemed that there really was no need for anything else. Especially these annoying mood-ruining questions inside his head. That's what Songkarn thought when he stepped through the door of their apartment and Anurak stepped toward him, took his bag and gave him a kiss. And led him to the table for another homemade dinner. It felt like bliss and for a while it had been exactly that.

They shared almost everything. The business was managed together, they shared the work as it came. Songkarn dealt with it on the surface and Anurak did the research and made decisions. Songkarn was fascinated by everything new he was learning working side to side with Anurak. It felt weird how they matched their different personalities and how differently they dealt with life and work. It was all so sweet and intense and at the same time, they had never felt that anything fit as well as it did now. One with his couple of decades of experience, the other with his millennium. Both of them felt the same. Was it even logical and normal? Neither cared about that. It was normal for them.

Anurak had not stopped trying to surprise Songkarn at every chance he got. Starting from breakfast in bed which he did so often it wasn't really a surprise from one point on, but it made Songkarn happy and he felt especially cared for. Really only sex instead of breakfast was the more desired way of waking up. Though, that also meant that Songkarn was late to work on those specific mornings. But it was so worth it.

There were also a couple of times when the workday is over and suddenly the car that was supposed to take him home was stopping beside a private jet, where Anurak was promptly standing and waiting for him. There had been a dinner in Tokyo and a weekend in Paris. Sunrise in Waimanalo Bay beach was one of Anurak's greater ways to start off the weekend.

Sometimes it felt like Anurak wanted to make him experience everything, as often and as fully as possible. Songkarn decided to look past all the sad and desperate thought's that he could feel passing through Anurak's actions. As much as Anurak made efforts to make him happy, the same could be said about him. Songkarn gave his all so that Anurak would also feel happy and not worry about anything.

Sometimes he saw a shadow ruining his perfect expression. These were the times Songkarn was especially trying to make him happy and forget about the sad thoughts he had.

One day they felt that there was a need for a break. It was the of March and all the spring flowers had started to bloom. It was the favorite time of year for Songkarn. And he felt that Anurak had been away from home for far too long. So, he booked tickets for them and when the workday ended on Friday Songkarn took the car to Anurak. He was in a studio near their hotel. Anurak needed a place to meet his business associates, so they had thought best to leave their hotel's penthouse to themselves and their friends, but everyone outside that circle met Anurak at the studio. Sonkarn knew that Anurak had a meeting just at the end of the workday. As he was stepping through the door he heard of laughing, a woman's shrill voice.

There was a beautiful blonde woman, sitting beside Anurak on the couch. Smiling seductively, flashing her long legs also her perfect breasts. She didn't see him standing silently in the doorway, but Anurak did. The smile crossing his face was the best solution for Songkarn's insecurities at seeing the woman beside Anurak. Though not really jealous, still some kind instinct was telling him to be angry at this woman, who was trying to seduce, even though unsuccessfully, his love of the last millennium.

Somehow thankfully Songkarn was blessed with somebody who wanted him, loved him and thought the world of him. The woman was obviously long-winded because as Anurak was looking at Songkarn over the woman's shoulder, she didn't get it. She was absolutely sure that this smile was meant for her. So she was so certain that it was a successful partnership, which they would accomplish and develop into the night.