Chapter One - A

I have decided to try and heal myself with the supplies I have in my bag

I have decided to try and heal myself with the supplies I have in my bag. I think the risks of going to Kriticks far outweigh the positives. Geraim's guards are everywhere, and there are plenty of people who could recognize me. It's a risk I am unwilling to take. I'd prefer not being executed, actually.

My backpack carries simple medical supplies. Gauze, bandages, antiseptic, and some pain releiving plants and herbs. This should be enough to hold me over until proper treatment.

I laid myself down on a clearing I dubbed suitable for a temporary camp. The redwoods stood tall above me, leaning over me quite ominously. However, the soft flow of a creek nearby by was quite relaxing, and eased some anxiety I had.

Looking down at my impaled stomach, I wiped away as much blood as I could. Upon further inspection, I could see that the cut wasn't as deep as I originally thought. I simply did as necessary to heal naturally. Cleaning the clotted blood, dousing myself in antiseptic, and wrapping myself in bandage was the best The could do. I hoped it would work. Maybe I could find a healer mage later to reduce scarring. One that doesn't hate my guts, at least.

I did my best to patch myself up, for what little training and knowledge I had. I grew up with a healing mage as a mother, so I never had to do anything by hand. Surely this patch up would last for some time before I had to change the bandages.

My unease about the situation made me remember one thing I heard not too long ago. The words, "We're watching you, Ivar," ran through my head. Geraim's words chilled me, but I sinserly hoped it was just an empty threat. There was no way I could fend off more than one warrior at this point.

...

Once my pain slowly eased itself, I attempted to get up. The pain is worse than it was before, but I could definitely manage. I figured it was about time I needed to get some rest. The sun was going down now, and I had only about four more hours of daylight.

An Inn would be nice, that way I would get fed, and sleep in a comfy bed. Maybe host or hostess was a healing mage, maybe they could do something to stop the pain. I had some coins in my bag that should cover a nights stay. But maybe it was too risky. Maybe they were supporters of Geraim, knowing that I am a "criminal". Maybe they were struggling with money, and wanted the prize for my head. Maybe it was safer to just set up camp here, in the clearing.

Everything is life or death out here in these woods. Every choice matters.

I had to make a decision soon, though, because I didn't have all day to ponder my sleeping arrangements.

...

Find an Inn OR Set up Camp

Remember, if you enjoyed this segment, please give it a vote! Feedback is appreciated!

If you chose, Find an Inn, go to
Chapter One - A1

If you chose Set up Camp, go to
Chapter One - A2

Thanks for reading! -L