Investigate (2)

We continue...

The arrows dug into the grain of the redwood behind me, the tails of the arrows wavering slightly from the impact

The arrows dug into the grain of the redwood behind me, the tails of the arrows wavering slightly from the impact. I took nothing more than a half of a breath before I was interrupted.

"Who are you?" a curious, yet assertive, voice asked, from behind the tree where the arrows appeared from.

"Er... Ivar?"

"That's exactly what I thought," she said, "Brown hair, blue eyes, same shape. He must have you hunted down all across the country."

It was unneeded for either of us to mention who "he" was.

For a moment there was silence, my hand was still rested on the holster of my dagger, I was debating. Should I draw the dagger? I can't even see this woman yet.

Within an instant, she appeared in front of me, her hair was dark, her eyes were green, her dagger was drawn, on no one other than me.

...

Draw the dagger    
OR     
Try to be friendly

Hello everyone! I'm slowly but surely coming up with an easier way for me to get sections of this book out sooner, just for you guys! Sorry about the delay!

This is a shortened portion just so I could have left you guys on that mini cliffhanger last time.
(;

As always, if you enjoyed, leave a vote!
-L

...

If you chose,
Draw the dagger go to;
Chapter Two - C

If you chose,
Try to be friendly go to;
Chapter Two - D

BOTH of these chapters will be published anywhere from now through Monday!