Chapter One - A1

I've decided that setting up a camp would be a better decision, as much as it pains me to say it

I've decided that setting up a camp would be a better decision, as much as it pains me to say it. It's too easy to get caught in these woods. It's too easy to find people who want to turn me in. It was the obvious decision, I supposed.

I reached into my enchanted backpack, pulling out a couple essentials. A tent made of old fabrics that I got at the marketplace once, firewood, and a blanket of sorts. Just enough to give me a space to sleep, keep warm, and cook some food. Everything I could ever need, right here, at camp.

...

As it was getting later, the sun slipping further in the sky, I figured it was time to eat. I pulled my backpack out, and reached in. All I had to do was visualize what I put in the bag, and then whatever I put inside previously would appear inside. The lovely perks of enchanted backpacks are wonderful. Couldn't live without them. I recalled putting in a half of a loaf of bread before I left, as well as an apple or two. It appeared in my hand short thereafter.

Carefully, I made myself some food, and ate. It was quite delicious, all things considered. Apples and bread? I'm all for it.

Despite being well fed, I couldn't help but feel lonely. When you're all by yourself next to the fire's nice, warm, glow- it's hard not to feel alone. What if I was ambushed in the night? No one could keep watch. No one could tend to my wounds, if I couldn't reach them myself. It's a game, isn't it? A roll of the dice. That's now life is out here, I guess.

...

The stars enchanted me the longer I sat outside by the fire. By now, it was mostly the faint orange glow of embers. The vast galaxy, a great darkness filled with hues of purple and magenta, blues and teals, and bright stars, it captivated me. These stars sent me off into the dream world, where everyone was happy, where no worries would be had, and everything was just alright.

A dreamworld.

It's called that for a reason.

...

In the morning I woke, the fresh dew puddling onto my face. The fire was smoking, and the ashes were blowing around in the breeze. The only thing I could hear was the calls of various birds and the trees rustling. It was quite peaceful, for once.

But alas, the peace wouldn't be enjoyed for long. I needed to keep moving. I needed to get out of Tarrendale, and away from Geraim.

...

Remember, if you enjoyed this segment please give it a vote! Feedback is much appreciated!

Please Continue to the segment,
Investigate.

-Much love, L