Chapter One - A2

Walking, forever walking

Seriously, I could have swore the Inn was here. Or maybe a half mile north?

...

I kept searching for the Inn. There was one in the forest. I know there was. Not even a mile out from Kritiks. I had to make it work, because I was running out of daylight.

...

The sun is dropping faster now. Geraim's guards are near. I know the patrol will come marching down the border soon. All I want is some food, and a nice warm bed. Please, dear gods in the sky, of you're there, let me have peace tonight.

...

I'm not sure I'm going in the same direction anymore.

...

Their swords are sharp.
Those swords are ready to kill at any moment, with the slightest swish of a wrist. A life, gone, in seconds.

A gruff man, the leader, was standing in the lead of them all. I could hear his group before I could see them. The soft clangs of metal plates  attached much too close together by an armorer is what made that sinister noise. It rang in my ears like a gong, rhythmically.

Quickly, I hid under the brush. I'm wasn't sure if I was fast enough. I was sure they could see me. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I had any choices left to make.

They're coming.

I don't have much time.

...

As the group got closer I realized that I was a goner. They knew I was there, without a doubt.

The leaders face gave his "ambush" away. His eyes, dark grey, a distinguishable color, were closely trained on me. The lines from advanced age shown behind his helm, clear as day. It's funny, how much I pay attention to my killers face. Each and every feature was shown to me, as if time itself had slowed down. The smirk he drew, was the ugliest smile I've ever seen.

"What did you do, boy? What did you do?"

...

Soon enough, the sweet sweet taste of nothingness engulfed me. It's feels like drowning, but somehow, in someway, breathing in the thick water.

Nothing is a struggle anymore.
Nothing matters anymore.

A great peace descended onto me, as if it was a blanket. A thick sheet of calm. The best feeling in the world, if I do say so myself. So much so, that if I did somehow end up back alive, all I would want is to go back into the darkness.

But I never did go back to the living world. I'd stay here forever. That's what I'm doing, as of now. As of forever. Oddly, I'm okay with it.

...

Hello, reader

Hello, reader. Sadly, you have led Ivar to death. As appealing as an Inn sounds, it's dangerous for people like Ivar. You are welcome to go back to your last choice, and try something else. You're also welcome to go back to the beginning and try and lead a completely different adventure. It's up to you.

Anyways, thank you for reading. I sincerely hope you don't quit here just because Ivar died. Please try again! Give her another shot! There are plenty of routes to go.

 Please try again! Give her another shot! There are plenty of routes to go

As always, please consider giving this segment a vote if you enjoyed it. It really helps out! Feedback is always appreciated!

Thanks all,
-L