[17]

September came fast, faster than I'd wanted it too. Jayce was set to leave in just 48 hours and I definitely was not prepared to say goodbye.

The remainder of the tour was set to take place in California, which meant that it would be about a month before he was finished his tour and that time didn't include interviews or studio time.

So I was starring at months away from him, that is until he came back to be with Mackenzie and the baby, which I wasn't worried about.

Against my better judgement I decided to just trust him, it was not easy and it's still not easy but so far so good.

I laid in bed, watching Jayce while he packed another suitcase which in all honesty sucked. I should have been packing a few of my things as well because I would be heading back to my room at the apartment which now, was basically empty because all of my things were here.

I groaned while I rolled out of the bed pulling one of Jayce's shirts over my head, walking towards the closet where I grabbed my duffel bag and tossed it on the bed.

"babe," Jayce walked towards me grabbing my hands before I could reach out of my clothes which were scattered throughout the closet and dressers.

"you don't have to leave just because I am," he sat down on the bed and pulled me towards him. once again I groaned and sat down on his lap. "I don't want to come home from work every night to an empty house, one that's filled with reminders of you and that you're not here" I mumbled, my eyes getting teary.

"then I'll get you a puppy," he offered. I chuckled and rested my head on his shoulder when he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm serious Lace, I wasn't kidding when I said this is your house too. You don't need the apartment, Sam and her boyfriend are handling it just fine" he was right, I know Sam would never admit to it, but she loved just being with Denver.

I was so happy for her, that she finally found someone to love, who loves her back. I didn't want to be a third wheel, and after dealing with all my shit for years, she deserved it.

"move in," he said, I looked at him, I was basically living here but it wasn't officially official. I had basically all of my important things at his house but there were still a few things of mine at the apartment.

"right now, we'll take the truck, both if needed and we'll go get your things and whatever you want. I'll even take you to the mall and you can pick out whatever would make you feel more comfortable here" I sighed and looked at Jayce, a smile building on my face.

"Okay," I leaned in and kissed him, before I hopped off and hurried to get dressed while I called Sam.

"Hello?" she answered chippery, "hey" I replied pulling some jeans on almost falling over in the process, I needed to do this now before I chickened out and prolonged the inevitable, I mean I was basically living here so it's not like I would be changing anything.

The only difference is that Jayce would be gone and I would only be seeing him once in a blue moon until he was free, he lived a busy lifestyles and I just needed to get accustomed to it.

I spent the next twenty minutes explaining to Sam what was going on and listening to her scream into the phone about how happy she was for me, I knew she was mostly excited that her and Denver would officially be alone together and it would be their apartment.

I was happy for her, and she was happy for me so it was a win-win for us both.

"Denver and I will be leaving here in a few minutes so I'll come and see you later?" she asked, I slipped into some shoes "of course," I said before saying goodbye and ending the call.

Jayce was standing by the door tapping away on his phone when I walked over, but when I got closer he looked up with a smile and put it away. "ready?" he asked holding his hand towards me.

I nodded and placed my hand is his while he led me out the door, I couldn't help but smile, I hadn't been this happy in a long time and even though he was leaving Monday morning I knew that I would be okay without him.

It was sometime around lunch when we arrived at the apartment to collect my things and Irene was sitting at the bus stop bench as she usually did. I gave a sad smile and tossed my key to Jayce "I'll be back in a minute, you go ahead in" he nodded and left me alone so I could go and see her.

"Lacy!" she exclaimed when she saw me, her face lighting up. I leaned down and gave her a huge before sitting beside her like we used to do.

"It's so good to see you again dear" she held my hand in hers "how are you doing?" I asked, I used to always check in on her, but ever since I began staying with Jayce, Sam has been doing it for me, to make sure that she's okay and always has what she needs.

"I'm good dear," she gave her usual warm smile "how are you, I seen you in the news a few times" I blushed "you love him don't you?" she asked, I looked at her "what makes you think that?"

"you have that same sparkle in your eye that I did when I found my husband, you smile when you talk about him and your cheeks turn a light shade of red" I chuckled and didn't disagree because let's face it, she was right.

"You deserve to be happy and I know in my heart that, that young man is the one for you" she nudged me and gave me an award winning smile. "now go" she gave me a little nudge "be with him," I gave Irene a quick hug and jogged back over to my apartment, joining Jayce inside.