[22]

When we finally landed in L.A. things seemed to move pretty quickly, it was three in the afternoon and Jayce had to rush into some news station for an interview before his concert tonight and already I found myself alone.

I sat in the back of the SUV while my personal driver took me to the apartment we-mainly myself-would be staying at for the passing weeks. Though I was beginning to get the feeling that I would be alone more than I would have been if I'd just stayed home.

Jayce left me with two body guards just for security purposes and they'd be staying with us for the duration of the trip, it was weird having someone following me all the time but it was also nice to know I had someone in this place which helped with the loneliness.

I was admittedly having a hard time today, I'd hoped to at least have Jayce with me for the day so we could settle in together before everything got crazy. Boy was I wrong. As soon as we got on the plane Jayce was put to work and the only things we've said to each other since landing was "I'll see you later."

Maybe we'd see each other later but that didn't mean we would have time to talk, I would be backstage at the show, likely spending the majority of the time trying to stay out of everybody's way.

Outside the hotel we were staying at was a small crowd, mostly of young girls all wearing Jayce's face on their shirts and holding signs declaring their love for him. I almost didn't want to step outside and disappoint them for not being him.

I grabbed my bag and put on the sunglasses Mike had given me, apparently it was a celebrity thing, I also took the hood of the sweater I was wearing and pulled it over my head. First Kyle, one of the body guards that were hired for me, stepped out first creating this protective field around the door so I could get out.

I couldn't say I was all that afraid of a crowd of little girls though, but I guess this was something I would have to get used too. I crawled out after Kyle and Brennan behind me, the crowd of people began screaming with excitement but few stopped cheering when they realized I wasn't him.

"Lacy!" One girl screamed "can we get a picture" I few others yelled in unison, many other things were yelled but I could make out much of what it was while people began crowding me, bumping me from left to right. I got this overwhelming feeling of anxiety and all I wanted was to get inside so I could breath again.

I did my best to smile at the few people who acknowledged me, I found it hard to focus on not tripping with all of the pushing that was happening and be friendly at the same time. I was to overwhelmed to multitask.

Kyle opened the door for me and Brennan ushered me in before the doorman came to our rescue and locked the door behind us before he gave me his best smile.

"Welcome to 'The Baltimore'" he greeted me warmly wrapping my hand in his with an awkward handshake that lasted to long. I did my best to keep a smile because I didn't want to be rude. Thankfully years of waitressing have given me the perfect customer service act and I acted perfectly polite as usual.

I raised the sunglasses which covered my eyes and dropped my hood, I was inside now and it was just rude to wear both indoors, besides I wasn't worried that the service counter clerk was going to whip out a camera and photograph me in my bicycle shorts and one of Jayce's oversized sweaters.

Even if she did I wouldn't notice when I'm not paying attention I'm oblivious to anything/everything that happens around me. I consider it a blessing, though sometimes it's a curse.

We ride up the elevator which leads directly to our apartment suite and I listen patiently to the Manger give me the run down, rules and even activities. The apartment is modernly furnished with a gorgeous view of the park below, high rounded ceilings give an almost ball room feel and the white marble that covered the entire floor also covered most of the services.