Introduction

Monique age 18

Keira age 15

---

Monique got ready for her last year of high school. And today was a special day. Today was her eighteenth birthday. Today she would find her mate. She was hoping it was a member of the Porcupine Pack.

The Porcupine Pack was her sisters adoptive pack. Alpha Johnson had retired and handed the pack to his son, Alex, and his mate, Alana. They were so super nice.

Monique heard that Alana was expecting their first child in a couple days.

Monique was dragged out of her thoughts by a knock on her door.

"Yeah?" she said as she continued to get ready for school. Her scenes were filled with the smell of cotton candy and mint. She instantly smiled.

"Why are you putting makeup on Keek?" Kiera asked coming up behind Monique.

"Just a little. I had some bags under my eyes." Monique said shrugging.

Kiera sighed. She thought Monique was beautiful with out the makeup.

Monique ignored the sigh of exasperation. She knew that Kiera thought makeup was pointless and made you look fake.

"This is going to be an interesting year." Monique said.

"Yes it is. Especially since the Porcupine Pack and our pack decided to a school right on our boarders."

"Yup. And today is the day I find my mate." Monique replied happily.

Kiera wanted to growl. She felt that Monique was hers and only hers. After all they have been together for twelve years. They even spent four years with the moon goddess in the land of gods.

Both girls had grown stronger. Their bond had grown stronger.

"Ready to go?" Monique asked bringing. Kiera out of her thoughts.

Kiera nodded "yuppers. Lets go."

---------

"Girls!" Rebecca called.

Monique and Kiera paused. "What's up mom?" Monique asked.

"I wanted to give you your birthday present." Rebecca replied with a smile.

Monique grinned. "What is it mom?"

Rebecca threw a set of keys at Monique who caught them with ease. She looked at them and than looked up at her mom confused. "keys?"

"Yup to your new car. Kiera knows which one it is. I am sorry I can't come out with you. I have to finish this paperwork."

"It's ok mom." Monique said giving her mom a hug. Than she turned to Kiera with a huge smile "can you show me?"

Kiera nodded "yes I can. come with me. Your present from me is in the car already."

Monique smiled and followed Kiera.

They came up to a metallic blue mustang with neon pink racing stripes. "This is my dream car." Monique squealed.

Kiera nodded her head while covering her ears.

"Let's go to school. I want everyone to see my car." Monique said as she opened the door and climbed inside.

Kiera climbed into the passenger side and opened the glovebox. she took out a small box and handed it to Monique.

Monique carefully unwrapped the box and opened it. Inside was key chain with a wolf and a heart on it. As Monique looked at the beautiful crystal key chain she noticed the engraving on it. 'too my dearest. Love K'

Tears formed in Monique's eyes and she leaned over giving Kiera a hug. "i love you too"

🌹🌹🌹