Chapter Four

Savanna kissed Kiera back and soon both girls felt a pull. They were mates.

When Kiera pulled away from the kiss she looked into Savanna's eyes. They were no longer the blue/green that they were. Instead they were white with black pupils.

"Melaka." Savanna said.

Kiera nodded. "My mate's witch."

Melaka nodded. "I have waited 218 years for you." Melaka reached out a hand and traced Kiera's lips.

Kiera stifled a moan. The touch of Melaka's finger had Kiera wanting more.

Melaka smiled. "You are too young yet my dear. A few kisses but nothing more."

Kiera pouted.

"I am sorry to interrupt. But can you tell me why is Aeron and I mates and why is Aeron and Tristan mates?" Monique asked.

Melaka turned and looked at Monique. "The protector. To unlock all your hidden talents and to make you stronger you need Aeron. But as a warlock Aeron needs a familiar to unlock his powers and make him stronger."

Monique frowned. "So I have to share my mate?"

"Yes. in a sense." Melaka replied.

The bell rang signalling that school was now in progress. All five of them were now late.

Melaka looked at the trio. "I have to go. Savanna wants to head to classes."

Everyone nodded. "We should all go to class." Kiera replied.

------

All day Monique thought about what Melaka had said. 'Megan.'

'Yeah I am here.'

'What do you think about our mate having another mate?'

'I don't like it. It isn't fair.'

"Miss. Alery would you care to answer the question?" the teacher asked Monique bringing her out of her thoughts.

"I.. ummm... can't." Monique said sheepishly.

"Miss Alery please pay attention." The teacher replied.

"Yes Mr. Ferguson." Monique replied.

Mr. Ferguson gave her a knowing look. He was also a wolf so he knew she was talking to hers.

::::

The rest of the school day was uneventful. Monique ran home in her wolf form than up to her room. She sat on her bed and meditated. She needed answers and first she needed to be calm.

Vixen said that Monique could come and talk anytime. All she needed to do was be calm and than the portal would open leading her to the land of the gods.

After an hour of meditation Monique felt she was calm enough to enter the portal. If she was angry or meant ill will. The portal would take her to another country or another part of the house.

The portal was located in the gardens. It was a part of a beautiful waterfall.

As Monique walked up to waterfall she smelt cotton candy and mint.

"Don't try and stop me." Monique said.

"I don't plan on it. But I would like to come."

Monique sighed. "Alright."

Kiera took Monique's hand and they both stepped threw the portal.

There was nobody there to greet the girls. They both knew the way and headed off towards Vixens cottage.

"Monique. I want to see the moon goddess." Kiera said stopping and turning around.

"Oh okay." Monique replied.

"I will see you later." Kiera said as she ran off towards the cottage in the middle of the small village.

Monique watched as Kiera ran all the way. Than she turned and headed off to find Vixen, her grandmother.

"Monique what a surprise." Vixen said as she saw Monique.

"I have come to ask you something Grandma." Monique said hugging the goddess.

"What is it? Are you alright?" vixen asked sounding concerned.

"I am not alright. Why has the moon goddess given me a mate with another mate?" Monique asked with a new wave of tears threatening to spill forth.

"Oh Monique. I know it seems unfair."

"Don't give me that." Monique said anger now lacing her words.

Vixen raised an eyebrow "don't you use that tone on me young lady."

Monique bowed her head.

"Now as I was saying. I know it seems unfair. But as I understand your mate is a warlock. He needs a familiar to unlock his powers."

"Yes but why?"

"It's a warlock thing. Most warlocks will have two mates. One being a familiar."

"So I have to share my mate with someone else."

"Don't view it as sharing. Your mate will love you unconditionally. He will also love his familiar unconditionally. And in return his familiar will protect you and care for you. You two will feel a bond but you two aren't mates."

"How can this be?"

Vixen sighed. Monique wasn't understanding this at all. "You all need to be together. If you reject him. You won't be able to fulfill your duties as protector."

Monique was mad. And even more confused. "I guess I should go and speak with my great grandmother."

"I suppose. But for now let's go and do some training. It is a great stress relief. We have two new demigods coming into their powers that could use a sparing partner."

Monique brightened up. The idea of being able to spare with a god was very appealing. "Ok."

Vixen smiled. She knew what Monique was thinking and they heading off to the training grounds.

~~~~~~~

Kiera knocked on the wooden door of the moon goddesses cottage and waited for a response.

"Come in Kiera." She heard the woman say.

Kiera opened the door and walked inside. The smell of lilacs filled the room.

"What brings you here?" the moon goddess asked.

"I have come to talk about Monique. She is angry that her mate, Aeron, is also mated to my friend Tristan."

The moon goddess sighed. "I know. I can feel her anger and her jealousy."

"How can this be?"

"It was all changed when Aeron casted the spell on Aeliana and Esarosa."

Kiera raised her eyebrows in surprise. "It was Aeron?"

"Yes it was. He was nine at the time. The spell back fired."

"So he is the one that changed everything?" than Kiera paused as a new question came to mind. "So why make Aeron Monique's mate?"

"That I can not tell you at this time. Only after you find your mate can I tell you."

Than Kiera smiled. "I found my mate."

The moon goddess was surprised this time. At fifteen you weren't supposed to be able to scene your mate yet. "How can that be?" she asked

"I don't know. But my mate is Savanna." Kiera said smiling.

The moon goddess raised her eyebrows again. Shocked that they would recognize each other so soon.

"Will have to discuss your future sooner than I thought." The moon goddess said.