Chapter Two

Monique got ready for her second day of her senior year. She was saddened that yesterday she didn't find her mate.

Kiera was great at trying to cheer her up. With the thought of Kiera, Monique smiled. Than she frowned. 'Was Kiera her destined mate?' as Monique thought about it some more. There was a knock on the door and the scent of cotton candy and mint filled her nose.

A smile formed on Monique's face. The thought of Kiera being her mate was a pleasant thought.

"Come in" Monique said pinning her hair up.

"Hey Keek. I was just coming to say I have a ride today to school." Kiera replied as she came into Monique's room.

"Umm. Ok. With who?" Monique answered feeling abit hurt.

"With Savanna and Tristan. I really like them." Kiera said smiling.

Monique quickly thought about the pair. Savanna was from King Klaus's clan and Tristan was her friend. Than Monique frowned. She didn't really know Tristan at all.

"I would prefer if you road with me." Monique answered.

"Aww come on Keek. You know I can take care of my self."

"I know that. But I don't know what kind of supernatural beings they are."

Kiera smiled. "well Savanna is a witch. She was born from dragon parents. Tristan is a familiar."

Monique sighed. "Alright. Just let me know if anything happens."

"I will. Bye Keek. Oh and thanks."

Monique watched as Kiera turned around and left. A sudden disappointment feeling flooded her.

Monique heard a vehicle pull up. She went to her window and saw a white camero pull up. She continued to watch as a pretty red headed girl about the same age as Kiera got out of the car and hug Kiera. Than she moved and climbed in the back seat leaving Kiera to sit in the passenger seat.

A tall black haired boy got out of the car and walked around the front. Than he closed the door and turned around. He looked up at Monique and smiled.

Her heart instantly fluttered. 'What is this feeling?' she asked her wolf, Megan.

'It is a draw. He is attractive.' Megan replied with a sigh.

Monique continued to watch as the boy who must be Tristan got back into his car and drove off.

Monique turned around and there was another knock on her door.

"Yeah?" Monique asked as she opened the door.

"Who did Kiera drive off with?" Esarosa asked her sister.

"Savanna and Tristan" Monique said quietly.

Esarosa raised an eyebrow at her sister. "What's wrong?" she asked concerned.

"I am just not sure I am comfortable with the people she went with." Monique answered as she raised her eyes up to meet her sisters.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I just. I don't want her to get hurt. And they are strangers to me. I am her protector. I am not doing my job if she is with someone else."

Esarosa walked over to Monique and wrapped her arm around her. "She will be fine. You should go though and make sure they made it safely. That will put your mind at ease. And get to know them. That will also help."

Monique hugged her sister back. "Ok. Hey can I run to school in my wolf form. I will be late otherwise.

"Yeah I will phone the principle and let him know." Esarosa said.

"Ok. thank you sis. I will see you later." Monique said as she grabbed her back pack and headed out the door.

-------

Monique quickly shifted and got dressed. She ran towards the front door and ran straight into someone. She fell backwards but before she hit the ground she was caught. Strong arms pulled her up "are you alright?" a male voice asked her.

Monique wiped her hands on her cloths. Megan kept screaming in her head 'mate. Mate. Mate'

Monique looked up. She was instantly drawn into the guys ocean blue eyes. As Monique stared into them she was suddenly filled with love.

"Mine." Both Monique and the boy said at the same time.

(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)

Kiera had went looking for Monique to tell her that they had made it ok. She walked to the parking lot and didn't see Monique's car at all. She searched a few minutes but nothing.

As she walked back towards the school she saw Monique round the corner of the school and slam into a tall attractive boy. He caught her with magic than leaned down and helped her up.

Kiera stood still and continued to watch. Tristan and Savanna came and stood beside her. "Mine." Tristan said as he looked at the boy.

~~~~