Chapter 2

Narrators POV

Everyone stood there shocked other than the Asgardians who were waiting for the team to come down from their surprise. The first person to come down and start questioning the married couple was Black widow "how did this even happen, no offence, but I didn't think that anyone with a brain would marry him" she said hurting Eir feelings and making Loki growl in anger so he answered the question.

"We have been married for hundreds of years. Way before I came to Midgard to rule you pathetic mortals'' he growled out only calming down when he felt his love take his hand in hers to quell his anger at the women.

Next was Tony "so reindeer games has a weakness, I wish we knew this when he was attacking New York" he said snarky not quite believing Loki of all people would be married to someone who seemed so harmless, someone that radiated peace.

"I did not know Loki was on Midgard until it was too late" Eir replied softly leaning into her husband as she said it, as the questions piled in one after the other Eir started to become uncomfortable around these mortals that she just met, so she started to hide behind Loki as the line of questioning continued Loki in sensing her discomfort with the Avengers started to wrap his right arm around her waist pulling his love closer to him for comfort.

Eir POV

'It seems they will never stop this innocent prattle about us' I started to hide my face in Loki's chest wishing for it to just stop already, upon hearing a low rumbling coming from Loki I unburied my face looking into his charming emerald eyes that where swirling with worry for me "I think that is enough of this questioning for one day you mewling quims, you have upset my lady and are making me increasingly annoyed by your prattling. Yes we are married, happily for hundreds of years and no it was not arranged in any way, that's enough!" he fumed before teleporting us to his chambers.

"My love I've missed you so much, it has been painful being stuck with these prattling mortals and my oaf of a brother, I have longed for the day you would come" Loki whispered in my ear as he pulled me closer to him.

"My dear husband it has been too long I have missed you too, but I am here for you they tell me you are not making an effort with your punishment and playing tricks on them too often that it is causing problems" you say back in a gentle tone that gets across your point without leaving room for argument or lies that your husband was bound to come out with, "so my brother told you... I am sorry my love" Loki said sincerely, trying to pull a face to try and calm your anger.

"*soft laughter*... I can never stay mad at you sweetie, but now I am here you must make an effort to aiding them with their battles, you do not have to befriend them, but letting them see you are not what they think, is the best plan for you my love" I speak in hushed tone as I bury my face into his chest again so I could breath in his scent, mint and a winters day.

I love these tender moments we used to share often, but since Loki help invade Midgard we have not spent much time with each other it has been very lonely thinking that we'd never see each other again, I sign audibly at the thought leaning further into my husband as we slowly sway back and forth in a loving embrace 'I never want these moments to end.'

Loki's POV

As me and my love embrace a single thought lingered in my mind 'how much longer will Odin allow my love to be on Midgard before he demands her back' this thought worried me, I wanted her to stay by my side and never leave, she is my world, my everything, nothing can replace her. Odin could not take her away from me now that she is here. I would never let that happen, not now, not ever.

I lift my head from her hair letting my mind wander as I relaxed in her presence 'she always was shorter than me, even when we were children she was so small and delicate' I reminisce back to when we were a hundred or so (I'm going to say they are 8 or 7 in earth years).

FLASHBACK

Me and Eir were causing mischief well more like I was pranking all the soldiers and she was following me around helping a little not really. I was running down the halls to get a better view of my grand prank unfolding not realising that I'd left Eir behind due to her having shorter legs she alway would run slower than me she'd never been one for sports, finally arriving at a high point so I'd be able to see them, but they'd never see me.

I waited a couple of minutes for the idiots to arrive and then watching then flail about shouting like the fools they were, only to hear heavy breathing behind me causing me to snap my head around to see who the rasping was coming from, but to my surprise and confusion it was Eir who looked like she was about to collapse.

Instantly I run towards her and catch her before she fell in a pile to the floor when I caught her I didn't know what to do to help her so I hugged her keeping her upright leaning into me while I rested my head in her hair and gently rubbing circles on her back trying to calm her breathing, at this moment I really got how small she was compared to me I was surprised that I didn't realise sooner.

This went on till her breathing evened out and till I knew definitely that she was okay I made a silent promise to myself that something like this would never happen again. I would have to be more careful from now on.

END OF FLASHBACK

I have kept that promise to myself ever since I would always constantly worry about her. I still do, but I know she understands my constant worrying and over protectiveness is how I show my overwhelming love for her.

As I said, she is my everything.