Chapter 4

Sorry again for not updating for so long I unfortunately have a life and have to work as well as go to college I'm stressed, so anyway on with the story it's short but I think you'll like it.

Eir POV

It has been a month since I came here to babysit my husband, it has been the most wonderful time I've had in months not worrying about where he was or how he was doing, it's been wonderful getting to know the avengers as well they are all different and dysfunctional, but together they make a strong team.

Currently I am in their medical ward read the books Tony had purchased for me, so I could learn more about their science and physiology though it is almost exactly different from Asgardian texts, but our medical understanding is how you would say more advanced we live longer so we've had loads of time to research and practice scientific advances.

After finishing all of their medical text I exit the room to find my husband who was supposed to be back from a mission soon, but he still hasn't come back and I'm starting to worry that something has happened to him 'that would be my worst nightmare' I think to myself I need to calm down my love is a capable God he is strong, sighing I leave the medical ward and start heading towards the main living room.

Once I got to the room it was empty 'still not back' I think as I go to sit down on the sofa "Jarvis where is everyone" I ask "They are on route back ma'am, they will be here within the hour" the disembodied voice of Jarvis said humming after wondering why Loki didn't teleport back, was he injured or was he dead? These questions just seemed to pile up in my head as I thought out the worst scenarios that could have happened to delay him and the team for so long.

Just as my thoughts begin to spiral I hear the jet land on the roof with baited breath I wait for the lift to open up and reveal the extent of what has happened to the team and my husband, after a few moments the life dings and opens to reveal a some heavily injured teammates with the exception of Thor, Tony, Bruce and Steve, but my husband, Barton and Natasha were not so lucky Loki had burns, Barton was shot and so was Natasha.

As soon as I saw them I get started with my healing gathering them up I create a barrier of light which amplifies my power so I can heal more than one person at a time this consumes a lot of magic and makes me very weak "My Love you had me worried sick when you didn't call or teleport home! What happened to you! Are you hurt?" I say stress leaking through my tone as I finish my healing.

"I am sorry My dear, I used up a large portion of my magic while fighting and due to my injuries it made it hard to regain enough to contact you telepathically" Loki explains gently, almost whispering trying to calm my worry.

After I healed them Loki pulled me into his arms and carried me to the sofa sitting me in his lap while his arms wrapped around me making me feel safe, sighing I leaned back into his embrace wondering why he didn't answer the rest of my question, was he hiding something from me? Why was he so injured, Loki was usually very careful and would think his actions through before he would put them into action.

He was more cautious than Thor, but his injuries suggest that he charged head first into a fight without thinking of the consequences. Yet again I sigh 'I'll ask him about it later for now I'm too drained to stress about it now' I think to myself as I feel my eyelids get heavy.

"Sleep now My love you have used up all your magic to heal us you deserve to rest" Loki says softly to me as I feel myself falling into unconsciousness, I lay myself into his chest and let my grip slip and I fall asleep in My love's arms.

Loki POV

As Eir fall asleep completely I sigh realising she caught that I didn't answer her question completely, I couldn't tell her the truth she would be distort and would have to leave me too soon I fear for her safety more than my own, but letting her leave hurts me more then any injury I couldn't tell her that Hydra was looking for her to use her for their own gain.

Thinking of them getting anywhere near her makes me angry beyond belief, no one is allowed to touch what is most precious to me. So when those swine mentioned her name I couldn't hold back my rage and got hurt because of it I felt ashamed that I let my rage get the better of me, but I am not sorry for it. They will think twice before talking about her again. I will make sure of that.