Twenty One

I woke up at seven, rubbing my face. Without hesitation I moved to the wall opposite of the door, my hands in front of me. I counted to thirty in my head before the door opened, as usual, and two guards entered to lock my hands in these weird cuffs that keeps me from being able to use my abilities. They weren't hand cuffs, they didn't stop me from being able to move my hands, they were just individual cuffs that went on each hand. I was still trying to figure out how they worked. Without a word, they lead me to the same room they did every day.

I hated it. I always considered trying to reach out to Liam, but one, I told him under no circumstance to come and get me, and two, I have no idea if I could even reach out to him.

"Louis," A familiar voice called. I snapped my head up, shaking it slowly when I saw Harry. "Help me, please."

I looked behind me and saw no one else in the room. I walked over to Harry cautiously, dropping down in front of him. He looked battered and bruised. "Help me," he cried out again, leaning into me, his head on my shoulder. "Louis, talk to me. Please, talk to me."

I shook my head and took a deep breath. "How did we meet?"

"The summer camp," Harry said.

"How?" I asked again. I couldn't waste my energy on an illusion, which was what this probably was.

"What do you mean, how?" Harry asked, looking up at me. "We got roomed together, but we didn't even realize it and looked around for thirty minutes until we finally asked for help and felt like the world's biggest idiots."

I wanted to start crying. One because harry was here, two because Harry was fucking here and I wasn't alone. "How did you get here?"

"I don't know. I don't know where Liam is. One minute we were looking for you, the next I woke up here." Harry seemed frantic, and I wish I could hold him and tell him it was going to be fine. 

"Hey, look at me," I told him softly. When he did, I smiled and nodded. "Focus on me, okay? Just me, like I'm the only thing in the world." I ran my fingers through his hair, hoping they would stop messing with his head. 

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, sitting up again. "Please tell me you're okay."

I chewed on my lip. "Yeah, I'm fine, Harry. I'm fine." What was the point of this? Why were they letting me see him? "What happened? Why are you all bruised?"

Harry shrugged. "So much is missing. I don't know." He looked up, his lips pressed together. "I was so worried about you."

"I'm fine, Harry," I grabbed his hands and laced our fingers. "I promise, I'm okay."

"I was so pissed when you did that. I wanted to grab you again but Liam stopped me. Don't you ever do that," He said, like I would have the opportunity to do it again. "Please, don't do that again."

I didn't say anything. "Louis?"

"I won't ever leave this place, H." I'll try to get you out, but I can't leave.

Harry stared at me, "What do you mean-"

"See these?" I asked, raising my hands. Harry nodded, grabbing my wrist and pulling it towards himself. "I can't us my abilities and they track everything I do, everywhere I go. I don't know how, but they do. I can't get out of them and I'm not planning on it."

Harry kept inspecting my wrist and I sighed. He looked up at me. "Don't you want to come home?"

"Of course I want to," I said, tears forming in my eyes. "But I can't Harry. All it does is put all of us in danger. And the first and only time I tried to takes these off, I was in so much pain for weeks. They basically latch on to my skin and it makes them impossible to take off."