Surprises everywhere

The next day we all meet in the evening for a family dinner and to talk about Lilly's idea. We had a lot of people here. All the Miklesons, myself and Lilly, Caroline, Bonnie, Stefan, Damon, Alaric, Charlie and Liz. So, we had sixteen people at the house.

"So, I know you are all wondering why we asked everyone here. So, Lilly will tell you all her idea." I told all of them then smiled at her.

"I was thinking that it might be nice to go on a family trip. Do something fun together, get away from Mystic Falls drama for a little while. We don't have to though it was just an idea." She fated out always wanting to please everyone in the family and not too sure of where she stood with everyone.

"I think it is a wonderful idea my darling" Elijah told her, and she grinned so happy that he liked her idea since she found us, she was always trying to make Elijah and myself proud of her. Especially Elijah she had told me that she never had a good relationship with the man who raised her and always had wanted a real father daughter bond that her and Elijah were able to start building and they had become very close to one another.

"Where were we thinking?" Nik asked her.

"Well Uncle Kol said we have homes everywhere maybe we could all just pick somewhere we all would like to go." Lilly told him.

"We do have homes everywhere really we could take our pick of where we want to go" Nik replied.

"Well I was thinking maybe since it is winter, we could go somewhere we could do winter activities."

"We do have a nice place in Park City Utah, and they have a really nice ski lodge that could be a lot of fun" I told all of them.

"That sounds fun I'm in" Caroline said and everyone else agreed.

"Well I will make arrangements and make sure everyone knows all of the plans" Elijah told us all.

After talking about the trip, us girls made plans to go shopping to get some new things for the trip. Everyone seemed like they were excited about the trip and Lilly had a huge smile on her face, happy that everyone had liked her idea. I was happy that everyone was getting along. It was nice to have the family all together and happy for that matter. Elijah grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand. I looked at him smiling as he smiled back to me. I knew life was not always going to be this good but I was determent to enjoy life while it was good as much as I could. This was one of those perfect moments I wanted to freeze so it would never end, but they always do.

E&B

It had been a few days and Elijah had everything ready and arranged. We would leave for our family trip in a weeks' time and everyone was pretty happy about it well all but Elena but that really didn't bother me all that much. Us girls were all out shopping Rebekah, Caroline, Lilly, Bonnie, and even Sage had desisted to join us. What really surprised us is when Esther asked if it would be alright if she came which we all were ok with her coming with us.

We made our way from store to store laughing and sharing all kinds of stories just having a good time with one another and being our own crazy big family that we had become. Half way through Liz even joined in on our fun getting off of work early for the day. It was fun just having a girl's day.

"I think this one is pretty." Lilly said holding up a light blue sweater dress which looked beautiful with her skin completion I smiled at her.

"Go try it on" she happily walked to the dressing rooms as Ester walked up to me.

"You know I was not sure if you would be able to get my kids to go down a different and better path but you have done a pretty good job so far."

"Well I'm not the only one, plus it's not like they want to be horrible people thy just want to live as much of normal life's as they can. They all have good in them; they just tend to forget who they were for a little while. I know they are far from perfect but they are trying to be better and they want to be a family. Plus, they all want the same things right now. It has been a really long time since they have all got along this well and they really deserve the chance to just be a family and they want their mother there as well. They need you to be there."