97.

DELANO POV

After my talk with Gia

After my talk with Gia... I honestly felt really bad for what she went through. The thing that got me is that I asked her about that mark and she lied about it. If she had told me the truth I could've handle things so she wouldn't have to go through that again. She eventually fell asleep. Covering her up I walked out the room.

Ryan was eating around the table he looked up at me and back to his plate. I sat down and cleared my throat. "We need to talk". He didn't say anything he just listened.

"We know you are getting older and mom can't hide things like she did before. But at the same time she's trying to protect all of you from her past" I said.

"Dad, I'm not dumb! Neither is kai. We know why sometimes mom is sad. We both know she's dealing with mental problems. Instead of her being honest about it she lied! I hate being lied to" he said.

"I'm sorry! I guess mom doesn't realize instead of protecting you guys it's hurting you. Mom and I went to therapy yesterday. And some things came out that brought her back mentally. That's why she was sad and upset when she came home" I said.

"What was said in therapy?" He asked.

I sighed "Umm it was about Bria".

Ryan blinked at me "you mean how you cheated on mom with Bria?".

I nodded.

"Oh! Now I understand why she was sad" he said.

Feeling a bit awkward having this conversation with our son. "Yeah..."

"Dad can I ask why you did it? Wasn't mom enough? Weren't we all enough for you?" He asked.

That broke me. "You guys are more than enough for me. I love all of you with everything. But I'm just as damaged as mom. The demons I'm trying to overcome were still trying to seep through and it did.  When you have someone who is enabling the demon I'm trying to keep away then it won't end well".

"Doesn't seem that way when you left Kai in the car to go sleep with her" he said.

My mouth dropped open "how did you know about that?".

"He told me. When it happened he was so upset. I had to console him cause he knew what you was doing wasn't right".

I was speechless.

"We all knew it was happening. I knew first and then Kai knew and now Salem probably knows" he said.

Our kids knew this whole time. My heart was breaking into so many pieces. "Just like those anonymous business trips you would go on. I knew you went to see her. Mom may have been blind but I wasn't".

This was the one thing I didn't want to happen. Not wanting any of them knowing what I did.

"You know mom is very very fragile. She's like a very thin piece of glass that can easily break. You knew this but you still cheated. That shows me you didn't  care about mom. Or at least that what I thought. I know she doesn't tell you this. But the way she looks at you, you can see she truly loves you. She stares at you like you're the greatest person in the world. Like when Salem watches frozen. Same thing".

"Ryan, I care about mom a lot. From trying to shield her from the people who were harming her. The love I have for your mom is so much. From the first time I laid eyes on her I knew she was the one for me. My heart told me. I know I messed up with what I did but I can promise you, Kai, Salem and Harlow and mom that I'll make it up to all of you" I said.

Ryan nodded "I hope so. And the one person you should've shielded her from you didn't".

"I know, I know" I said.

"Mom is someone that is very special to me. So I'll always protect her from anyone who tries to come in and cause her pain. She's been through enough. Let's try and make her happy. Show her there's happiness in life" he said.

I smiled "you're a good kid!".

"I know" he smiled.

Ryan and I hugged it out. But I know Gia needs to talk to him as well. They need to have that conversation. But for now he seems content that we spoke about the elephant in the room. Im still in shock that they knew everything. On top of that I needed to apologize to Kai for what I did. Not thinking clearly when I left him in the car.

That wasn't didn't for me to do. Not feeling like the best father anymore.

Kai walked into the house from outside "Hey dad".

"Kai can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked. He nodded and stood close to me "What's up?".

"I wanted to apologize for being a horrible father when I left you in the car to go see bria. It wasn't right to do. And I'm so sorry I did that" I said.

"Umm... I accept your apology" he said. He seemed nervous.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

He nodded "just caught me off guard". I could tell he was trying not to cry.

I hugged him tight "I'm so so so sorry!". Hearing him sniffle in my chest. "I'm just sorry!". We stayed hugged up for a short time. How could I be so stupid to not know our kids were hurting?!.