Training

Lily's POV

I looked around the tribute centre after using throwing knives for a little while only to see Johanna throwing her axe about , Enobaria doing hand to hand combat . I cringed as she growled showing off her pointed teeth ready to rip out someone's throat .

My eyes then landed on Finnick who was at the station with the tridents .

"Fish boy will you show me how to use that ?"
I said with a grin .

"Did you just call me fish boy?"

"Well your the only male from district 4 here so I believe so"

"Let me think of a nickname for you"

"Maybe you can think of it whilst teaching me how to use that trident"

Finnick sighed but agreed to show me how to use the trident .

I almost dropped the trident it was that heavy which caused Finnick to let out a laugh .

"How do you carry that thing?"
I asked .

"Like this"

Finnick said as he lifted the trident up with ease and threw it at the target hitting bullseye .

Finnick retrieved the trident before saying

"Here hold it and don't drop it this time"

I held it how Finnick held it and managed not to drop it . I felt Finnick's arms wrap around me for support as he shifted me gently to put me in the right stance . I felt Finnick's breath on the back of my neck as my breath seemed to get trapped in the back of my throat .

"Now throw it"

I did just that and too my surprise the trident hit just to the side of bullseye .

"Not bad , need practice but good for someone who couldn't lift it under ten minutes ago . Now I saw you with those throwing knives earlier , teach me"

"You need teaching ?"

"No I just want to spend more time with you"

I scoffed knowing that he didn't and was just been a flirt . I knew his playboy act was just for the capitol and deep down he was a caring guy but apparently he still kept his facade up to fellow tributes .

"You've just ruined the moment"

I said before turning around to look for someone else .

"No wait come back"

I turned around and raised my eyebrow up gesturing for him to continue which he did .

"No really I do"

"Why?"

"You're good to talk too"

"Alright then I Will teach you about the throwing knives that you don't need help with"

Finnick let out a grin causing me to roll my eyes playfully .