No Attatchments

Lily's POV

I woke up face to face with Finnick who by the way was still sleeping.

This was when I began to wonder what if he was putting on a act and still planned to kill me in the arena .

I couldn't let myself die that way . I would look like a fool .

I decided whatever ties I had with Finnick Odair had to be cut considering the only person I would be giving my life up for is Katniss .

I began to Change into my training outfit whilst feeling slightly nervous that today would be the performance for the game makers and being from the capitol I was the first up .

I showed the game makers what I was good at which was knife throwing and I was satisfied as each one hit the target perfectly .

I made sure not to make eye contact with Finnick which I could tell annoyed him judging by what I could see from the corner of my eye . He was probably confused why I left before he woke up .

I gave Katniss and Peeta a nod as if to wish them well which the pair both smiled slightly back in return .

****************

Later that night I sat upon the roof once more and I wasn't surprised when Finnick didn't show . Perhaps he had noticed I didn't want to speak to him .

Well actually it wasn't that I didn't want too because I wanted too more than anything . It was just for the best .

*****************

The next day my stylist which failed to show for the tribute parade was now here and  had put me in a ridiculous outfit to represent the capitol for my interview with Caeser Flickerman so as you can imagine I no longer looked normal I looked crazy like you everyday capitol citizen .

My fake eyelashes was too long they made me feel like my eyelids was going to fall off. Thankfully not much was done to my hair except for the fact it was now covered in glitter as was my skin .

I felt annoyed I was representing the capitol of all places and I felt even more annoyed at the fact I looked like most of them right now .

"Congratulations Snow"

I turned around to see Johanna Mason and cringed as she called me by my last name which I was ashamed of .

"Just Lily . Please not Snow but why are you congratulating me ?"

Johanna looked at me as if I was the most stupid person on the earth .

"You're score of course and the fact that you have a even worse stylist that mine . I didn't think it was possible"

I chuckled at Johanna's words and honestly I agreed with her .

"I don't know what my score was I've been sleeping on the roof of the training centre"

"You got a 12"

I looked up .

"Wait really?"

"Yes really"

"AND NOW FOR OUR FIRST TRIBUTE . SHES ONE OF OUR OWN ... LILY SNOW"

Looks like it was my turn and apparently I was first .

I didn't actually know how to react with the audience so I kind off just grinned awkwardly at them before sitting down on the chair next to Caeser .

"Now I think there's one question we all want to know . Isn't that right ?"

Caeser said whilst looking at the audience who all agreed with him .

"Why are you a capitol citizen in the games ?"

"I'm just going to say I think my family hates me"

I felt sick as I said the word family disgusted at the fact I was related to my grandfather.

"Ah ..... How are the other tributes treating you ?"

"Most don't pay me much attention or they stare at me and ask questions but I have made a couple of allies"

"Well I wish you the very best .... give it up for Lily Snow"

Surprisingly the crowd let out a loud applause which I wasn't expecting .

******************

I watched Cashmere and Gloss's interview as they attempted to act upset and soppy . I saw the fake ness in it and I personally thought there acting was terrible but the audience believed it so I guess that's ok for them .

"God does anyone actually believe that"
Katniss groaned .

"You'd be surprised what the bimbering fools of the capitol will believe"
I chuckled .

Katniss grinned my way most likely glad someone agreed with her .

I zoned out part way through Brutus's interview and turned around to see Finnick stood right behind me .

"Jesus fish bo—- Uh Finnick you made me jump"

I almost forgot that I needed to forget about him .

"Why have you been avoiding me Lily ?"

I looked up into Finnicks gorgeous eyes and was it just me or was there hurt in them ?

"Isn't it obvious"

"No"

"We can't make attachments"

"And why not we are both going to be dying in there ?"

"Exactly what's the point if we are going to die"

"Because I —"

"FINNICK ODAIR"
Caeser shouted .

Finnick gave me a look as if he had more to say but nevertheless walked onto the stage .