The Three Words

Lily's POV

We headed to the lightening tree at dusk like we had planned but was interrupted as the Panem theme began to play .

I looked up to the sky as the name and faces of the fallen tributes flashed above the arena .

First was Cashmere then Gloss . Wiress and Mags was next followed by a tribute who I didn't recognise . After that there was the female morphing , Blight and Chaff .

***********

"Typically 1 lightening strike contains 5 billion jules of kinetic energy . We don't wanna be anywhere near the centre when this hits"

Beetee explained whilst wrapping the wire around the tree .

Honestly I couldn't agree more with him because I certainly did not want to be electrocuted.

"Johanna , Lily and Katniss go together now . Take this . Unwind it carefully make sure the entire coil is in the water when it hits . You understand ? Then head to the tree at the two o clock sector we'll meet you there"

Johanna and I nodded where as Katniss didn't respond .

"I'm going to go with them as a guard"
Peeta insisted .

"No your staying here to protect me"
Beetee stated .

"No I need to go with her"

"There are two careers out there I need two guards"

"Finnick can protect you just fine on his own"

"Yeah why can't Finnick and either Johanna or Lily stay with you then Peeta and I take the coil"
Katniss intervened .

"You all agreed to keep me alive till midnight . Correct ?"

"It's his plan we all agreed to it"
Johanna scoffed .

"Is there a problem here?"
Finnick added

"Excellent question"

"No . There's no problem"
Katniss lied .

Katniss and Peeta gave each other one final kiss .

I was surprised when I felt Finnick grab my arm and pull my into a light kiss before giving me a hug and whispering in my ear

"I love you"

I looked at him in shock at what he said for a moment before replying with

"I love you too"

At that moment in time you didn't care what the tributes around us thought or what the citizens of the capitol who was watching on there screens thought .

I was pulled out of my trance when I heard Johanna's voice say

"Alright lets go"