Shaken

Lily's POV

I sat down next to a still shaken Finnick .

"It sounded so real"
He whispered .

"It wasn't it's created to weaken the tributes mentally"

"How'd you know that ?"

"I used to sneak into the game making room to see what went on and how they created things I guess"

"Your lucky you came in prepared"

"Honestly I'm probably one of the worst fighters and I'm not as smart as Beetee or someone like that . I know I'm going to die in this arena."

"Don't say that"

"Why not ? It's true . Even if I did make it to the finale . I promised myself to get Katniss out of here even if it means giving up my own life"

"I thought I was going to save Katniss's life before anyone else's aswell but now I've changed my mind"

I looked at Finnick before replying

"Me too I want you to get out"

"Well that's a shame because I'm getting you out of here"

"No I will just have to go back to the capitol I'd rather die . They will torture me . Please Finnick just let me die"

I said rather quickly knowing what I said was true .

Finnick didn't reply but kissed me instead which I returned .

"HOW WOULD YOU LIKE THAT SNOW . HOW ABOUT WE SET YOUR BACK GARDEN ON FIRE"

I looked up to see Johanna shouting at the sky but I knew it was aimed at my grandfather .

I looked at Johanna and raised my eyebrow up as if to ask her why was she shouting that because I knew my grandfather wouldn't hesitate to take it out on her loved ones .

"What ? He can't hurt me . There's nobody left that I love"

"I'm sorry"

I felt the need to apologise to Johanna at the fact my grandfather took away everyone she loved .

I also felt angry at how he treats the tributes especially once they've become a victor .