u

ambulance.

i will never forget that dreaded day.

we were eating at the cafeteria, and as you were going to roast jun back for teasing you, you suddenly fainted.

seokmin was quick to call the hospital, and an ambulance arrived in no time. they allowed me, jeonghan, and jisoo to go with you.

we arrived and were waiting for results. and then they came.

i was devastated. i demanded that the doctor tell me the cause of your death, but he said that he couldn't tell me.

"i'm her best friend!" i protested.

"so you are choi seungcheol," the doctor sighed. "as per to ms. seo chaejung's request, i can't reveal any information on the cause of her death."

"but why?" i pleaded.

"she wanted to tell you herself," the doctor answered. "is mr. yoon jeonghan here?"

jeonghan nodded. "can i give it to him?"

"yes," the doctor nodded, and then left to go call your family.

jeonghan pulled out an envelope, labeled "to my best friend, choi seungcheol."

"what is this, jeonghan?" i asked, confused.

jeonghan took a deep breath. "cheol, chaejung knew that she might die for a while now, so she wrote this and told me to give it to you if she did pass away."

he handed me the letter and i took out the piece of paper inside. as i saw your familiar handwriting, i began to cry.

"dear my best friend, cheollie," I read aloud.

"if jeonghan has given you this letter, it means that i've been killed by the hanahaki disease."