•SEVEN• In Which We Uncover a Villainous Plot

Word Count: 936

The next morning, you woke up when the bell rang for breakfast. That meant you had to hurry. You grabbed your book bag from the library table and rushed out into the hallway. The person from last night wasn't there, so you were safe for now. You went to breakfast and heard your name being called immediately. "Y/N, Y/N, over here!" It was the Quagmires calling you, and you sat down with the Baudelaires and Quagmires, who looked relieved to see you. "Where were you!" Duncan questioned worriedly. "When you never came back to the broom closet we thought you'd been kidnapped by Count Olaf and his troupe!" Isadora exclaimed. 

"Well, I could have been." You explained. "I went to the library as I told you, and spent a lot of time looking for books that might help us. Then, I noticed there was a person standing outside the library, and I didn't know who it was, so I had to stay inside. I waited for three hours, but they didn't leave. So I slept there. And now I'm exhausted." Klaus laughed. "That is quite a story." You shrugged and smiled. "How was S.O.R.E?" You asked Sunny, who was sleeping in Klaus's arms. "It was exhausting," Violet answered groggily for her. The bell rang then, and you all stood up for classes. You and Duncan helped a half-asleep Violet to walk to her desk in Mr Remora's classroom. Duncan sat next to Violet, and you sat behind Duncan. You were also tired, so you rested your head on your hands and zoned out. Halfway through class, you noticed Duncan was holding a sleeping Violet's hand. It was adorable. You took your sketchbook out of your bookbag and started to sketch them. You thought you'd tack it to the wall in the Broom Closet, but high enough where he couldn't reach it to tear it down. You smiled at the thought of teasing the Quagmire boy, and waited, patiently sketching and pretending to take notes, for the bell to ring.

And it finally did! You packed up your notebook and headed to lunch. You sat at the end of the table so you could finish your sketch without anyone looking over your shoulder. You noticed Isadora looking at you curiously, but continued to draw so you could finish it by tonight. Isadora came over and asked what you were drawing, and you showed her. "Oh my gods, that is so cute! I'm guessing that this is not purely your imagination?" You smiled. "Nope, this is what they were doing in class. It was so adorable. I'm hoping to draw you and Klaus next." She blushed. "I don't like Klaus like that." You raised an eyebrow. "Oh, fine, I do." She stuck her tongue out at you and sat back down at her seat, which you noticed was kind of close to Klaus's

⚜️⚜️⚜️

The bell rang the end of the school day and you headed to the orphan's shack to talk about Count Olaf's plan. "I know he wants to steal our fortunes, and yours too," Violet told the small group of orphans. "We just don't know what his plan is yet." Klaus sighed. "Delc." Sunny said, which meant "He always has an elaborate plan to steal out fortune, and this one with probably be the most complicated of all." You frowned. "Sunny's right. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, it'll become clearer over time, I'm sure." Isadora groaned. "I just wish we could do something now, instead of waiting to fall into his trap.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Sunny's P.O.V

Sev das Nero. Tuld unc omptnt. Wee unsf icient. Expult. Expult. Expult. Orpaph fend Beye. Kindap. Polt indos ocver. Olaf nevil. Dea Noot Delc true. Das Unc Explult. Tuld gheng plen ofis. Hippomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

Violet's P.O.V

Seven days have passed since we decided just to play along and try to find out what Coach Ghengis is planning. My siblings and I got called into Nero's office today for a meeting. When we showed up, he slammed the door behind us. Coach Ghengis was waiting for us in the office as well, so we knew that this was not going to be fun. "Coach Ghengis tells me that even after two weeks of running, you remain out of shape and winded, and on top of that, you seem to be failing all of your classes. So, Coach Ghengis and myself have come up with an idea. Tomorrow, you will take comprehensive exams. If you fail, Coach Ghengis will homeschool you. Go to lunch, Baudelaires."
"But that's–" Klaus started, but Coach Ghengis interrupted, "But nothing, orphan! Pick up your grades. And your sister." He shoved Sunny into Klaus's hands and pushed us out of the office, slamming the door behind us.

Your P.O.V

"Guys, Guys!" Violet said, plopping down in the chair next to Duncan and setting down her tray of disgusting food as far away from herself as possible.  "We know the plan now." Everyone leaned in close. "Count Olaf has made us so tired from running all night long that we've failed all of our classes."
"Yeah, we already know that, sorry, no offence intended. But what does that have to do with anything." You told Violet.
"If you fail more than nine tests in two weeks..." Duncan began, looking at her. Violet nodded. "We have to take comprehensive exams. If we fail those, Vice Principal Nero is sending us to get homeschooled by 'Coach Ghengis'." Klaus informed us, using air quotes and a disgusted face.

"So, What can we do to help?" You smile.